Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum

tag
Raw_Oyster
Valued Member

NFCU Platinum

Well, it has been more than 4 years since my last approval for a non-rebuilder card and after I applied and approved by CAP ONE green card ($500) I decided to try with NFCU and to my surprise I was approved for their Platinum card  with a $3,000 CL at a 13.74 APR. I know there is nothing special about this card but hopefully it will be the beginning of higher CL's and better cards. My FICO TU score was 612. 

" height="25">
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Platinum

Congrats

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 2 of 11
Raw_Oyster
Valued Member

What are the chances for an AMEX approval or should I wait a little bit longer?

" height="25">
Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

What's your cr profile? Your TU score is low, do you have any baddies, high util?
Message 5 of 11
Raw_Oyster
Valued Member

I have some baddies from 2008 (divorce), util right now is 56%. I should be able to pay off the remaining balances within three months.

" height="25">
Message 6 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

The util is killing you right now. Get that under 20% and watch the magic happen.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 11
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

@Raw_Oyster wrote:

What are the chances for an AMEX approval or should I wait a little bit longer?

be good with Navyfed and forget amex

Message 8 of 11
riker20
New Contributor

Love my NFCU platinum card.   As you can see its my highest limit.  Nothing fancy about the card.  Just glad I have a large limit in case I need it for an emergency at 7.9%. 

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 9 of 11
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Raw_Oyster wrote:

Well, it has been more than 4 years since my last approval for a non-rebuilder card and after I applied and approved by CAP ONE green card ($500) I decided to try with NFCU and to my surprise I was approved for their Platinum card  with a $3,000 CL at a 13.74 APR. I know there is nothing special about this card but hopefully it will be the beginning of higher CL's and better cards. My FICO TU score was 612. 

Congrats...and I consider any non-subprime card special...Smiley Wink

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.