Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Possible Eligiblity?

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Possible Eligiblity?

I saw "Tricare Management Activity" listed under contractors on the NFCU application. So the brain started working...

I work in a hospital which is a TRICARE Network Provider. I was wondering if I'd eligible for membership by way of employer in that case?  Thanks for your insight. 

Here's some info about TRICARE and what a "TRICARE Network Provider" does:

"The TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) is a field activity under the policy guidance and direction of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs) (ASD(HA)), and was formally established under Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 5136.12 on May 31, 2001."

"TRICARE is a healthcare program of the United States Department of Defense Military Health System."

"A TRICARE-authorized provider is a provider who meets TRICARE's licensing and certification requirements and has been certified by the managed care support contractor to provide care to TRICARE beneficiaries. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers:

• Network providers sign a contractual agreement with the managed care support contractor and agree to provide care at a negotiated rate and file claims for beneficiaries."

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Possible Eligiblity?

Really the only way to know is to call them and ask. But IMO, I don't believe you will qualify.  I'm not sure what they mean by "Tricare Management Activity" but  a Tricare Network Provider is just basically a hospital or a doctor's clinic that accepts Tricare insurance. And that is really it. Can you point out where you saw Tricare listed? I didnt see it through the eligibility membership wizard.

Message 2 of 5
Cageym
Established Contributor

No. The TMA MANAGES the Tricare program under the authority of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs). Sorry, I don't think that's going to work for you.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 3 of 5
sosabe77
Contributor

you should call and ask.  Then call again and ask someone else. Lol.  Navy has a history of telling people they're eligible and accepting them, then security shuts their account down some time later.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Actually, you'll get your most accurate answer if you call and ask for the security department (explain you don't have a fraud complaint, at least be ready for them to think that's why you asked for their dept).   They usually won't sound as warm and fuzzy as the front line CSRs do though at first, but don't let it throw you, they're friendly enough once they understand why you're calling.   Calling about an eligibility question isn't forbidden, it's just kind of rare.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.