cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Pre-Approval [Pulled the trigger]

Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval [Pulled the trigger]

Congrats on the approval. I guess you didn't want to wait one more month. Well, at least you got exactly what you anticipated... High apr and low limit. You really know your credit profile well. 😉

Message 11 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval


Creditaddict wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Approved with a $14k limit. Prime plus 11.4%. Low limit and high APR for NFCU, but it should improve with time.


Low limit?!!!

I mean I understand people post instant $25k all the time, my partner currently has $35k but $14 looks like nearly double your current highest and even if it wasn't i usually don't put numbers above 10 in low category Smiley Tongue


+1

Total Overall Credit Limit- $325k
Message 12 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval

Congrats!  But $14K is a great limit.  Not sure I understand why that's just "okay".  I would be turning flips right now...LOL!!! 


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval


Rhaeny wrote:

Congrats!  But $14K is a great limit.  Not sure I understand why that's just "okay".  I would be turning flips right now...LOL!!! 


The card has low rewards and no sign up bonus. Really, the only purpose of the card was to get a high limit. I was hoping for $20k+. 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 19
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval

Well, since its NFCU it will be there by Fall...Winter at the latest! 😉
Message 15 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval [Pulled the trigger]


09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on the approval. I guess you didn't want to wait one more month. Well, at least you got exactly what you anticipated... High apr and low limit. You really know your credit profile well. 😉


I forgot when the offer expired. I think it was at the start of May. I also thought I would forget about it and not app before the offer expired. Nothing good was going to post in the next couple weeks, so I just went ahead and apped. 

 

Yup, haha got the high APR and low limit I was counting on. I will build up my profile and get my AAoA up, then seek better terms on all of my accounts.

 

My AAoA has never went over the 1 year minimum :/

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 16 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval


Dustink wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

Congrats!  But $14K is a great limit.  Not sure I understand why that's just "okay".  I would be turning flips right now...LOL!!! 


The card has low rewards and no sign up bonus. Really, the only purpose of the card was to get a high limit. I was hoping for $20k+. 


Oh come on!! I mean you got close 75% of what you wanted.  It's NFCU so you'll be there in the next couple of months.  Plus it looks like its your highest limit to date according to your siggy.  Cheer up cuz the wait is almost over!!!

 

I agree that the rewards at 1% are not that great and I have used it only for 0% BT and will work on getting the CL up to at least $20K by the end of the year.  BTW, I'm in the garden too but hopefully on sp's will get my goal CL.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 17 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval


Rhaeny wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

Congrats!  But $14K is a great limit.  Not sure I understand why that's just "okay".  I would be turning flips right now...LOL!!! 


The card has low rewards and no sign up bonus. Really, the only purpose of the card was to get a high limit. I was hoping for $20k+. 


Oh come on!! I mean you got close 75% of what you wanted.  It's NFCU so you'll be there in the next couple of months.  Plus it looks like its your highest limit to date according to your siggy.  Cheer up cuz the wait is almost over!!!

 

I agree that the rewards at 1% are not that great and I have used it only for 0% BT and will work on getting the CL up to at least $20K by the end of the year.  BTW, I'm in the garden too but hopefully on sp's will get my goal CL.


Yeah, could have been worse...like the dreaded words "declined"...

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 18 of 19
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Pre-Approval


Creditaddict wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Approved with a $14k limit. Prime plus 11.4%. Low limit and high APR for NFCU, but it should improve with time.


Low limit?!!!

I mean I understand people post instant $25k all the time, my partner currently has $35k but $14 looks like nearly double your current highest and even if it wasn't i usually don't put numbers above 10 in low category Smiley Tongue


+1

I think that 14K is an outstanding limit... for anyone.  I know lots of people with NFCU that don't have a limit like that.  Be proud of that limit.  Super Congrats!!!


Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 19 of 19