Established Contributor
JaB8199

NFCU Prepaid Visa Buxx for Teens

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I have a question concerning the pre-paid visa card from Navy Federal.  I went online to register my 14 year old son for one, & when creating the parent profile it asked for a social.  I am hesitant to fill this out at this time as I have a few recent inquiries right now, & don't want to create anymore if I don't have to.

Does any of you NFCU members have one of these for your teen?  Is the social request for identification only, or will they do a hard pull on my credit report?

Thanks 

NPSL$4.5K$4K$2.8K$2K$4K$4.8K$11K
$12K$20K$12K
Established Contributor
hot4u

Re: NFCU Prepaid Visa Buxx for Teens

[ Edited ]

I have it for my Grand Daughter..:smileywink:

Love it..

Texts me when they make a purchase and running balance.

SS Id only no Hp for them

Do read fine print. If no purchases in 6 months I beleive theres a $1 a month Charge.

My Grandaughter will not have that Problem..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton and SPG®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
(Citi)- Dividends Platinum Select, Executive/Platinum® Advantage,Hawaiian Airlines World Elite

Contributor
VirusCredit13

Assuming you already have an account/realtionship with them, they shouldn't need another HP from you for just this. And based on your sig its seems you already have account with them.

Established Contributor
JaB8199

hot4u wrote:

I have it for my Grand Daughter..:smileywink:

Love it..

Texts me when they make a purchase and runnung balance.

SS Id only no Hp for them

Do read fine print. If no purchases in 6 months I beleive theres a $1 a month Charge.

My Grandaughter will not have that Problem..

Thanks for the info.!!

$12K$20K$12K
Established Contributor
JaB8199

VirusCredit13 wrote:

Assuming you already have an account/realtionship with them, they shouldn't need another HP from you for just this. And based on your sig its seems you already have account with them.

Yes, I have an account.  Just inquiring about this card, since they don't have an actual teen checking.  I already have a teen account set up with him through Capital One 360; used to be ING Direct.  I just wanted him to get used to managing more than one account & having options.

I just wanted confirmation that it would not result in a HP.  Thanks for your input.  

$12K$20K$12K
Frequent Contributor
credit-hunter

I have one for my 15yr old son it wasnt a hp funny thing when i called to inquire the csr didn't know about the buxx card lol

Established Contributor
JaB8199

credit-hunter wrote:

I have one for my 15yr old son it wasnt a hp funny thing when i called to inquire the csr didn't know about the buxx card lol

LOL!!  Thanks credit-hunter for your response!  I am now convinced it will not be a HP.  I will be ordering soon:smileyhappy:

$12K$20K$12K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}