Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Prime Plus Interest Rate!

tag
GB44
Contributor

NFCU Prime Plus Interest Rate!

I didn't have a MC in my card portfolio so I applied this morning for the NFCU Platinum MC. I didn't get an instant approval, however, a CSR called me this morning to verify my information and about an hour or so later I was approved for 10k. From the website, the lowest APR on this card is suppose to be 7.99%. Yet, I was given a Prime Plus rate at 5.74%. Totally shocked as I didn't know that this APR was available. I usually don't carry a balance but it's nice to know if I need to it's there. NFCU Rocks!

AMEX BCP

AMEX Zync

NFCU CashRewards Visa

PSECU combo 

Citi HHonors Visa Signature

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Gollum
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Prime Plus Interest Rate!

@GB44 wrote:

I didn't have a MC in my card portfolio so I applied this morning for the NFCU Platinum MC. I didn't get an instant approval, however, a CSR called me this morning to verify my information and about an hour or so later I was approved for 10k. From the website, the lowest APR on this card is suppose to be 7.99%. Yet, I was given a Prime Plus rate at 5.74%. Totally shocked as I didn't know that this APR was available. I usually don't carry a balance but it's nice to know if I need to it's there. NFCU Rocks!

AMEX BCP

AMEX Zync

NFCU CashRewards Visa

PSECU combo 

Citi HHonors Visa Signature

Are you sure that doesn't mean prime rate plus 5.74%?  The current (it's been unchanged for almost three years) prime rate is 3.25%.  Prime rate plus 5.74% would currently be 8.99%, which is still a very low rate compared to most credit cards.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.