Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Pushing Into MMA Via TD Bill Pay

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

NFCU Pushing Into MMA Via TD Bill Pay

The few times I have mailed checks into my MMA at Navy it took nearly 2 weeks to post. According to a few sources you can push a payment into NFCU by using Bill Pay from the originating bank. This was confirmed by CSR at NFCU. I used the Bill Pay at TD Bank on Thursday still no sign of NFCU getting the payment. How long should this take?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU Pushing Into MMA Via TD Bill Pay

It took forever for Navy to post the initial $100 (woo-hoo!) that I pushed in from USAA. A good 5 days, I think? I'm hoping that it will go more smoothly in the future. I was planning to use the Navy check card as my cash-printing card for ATM's, but that won't work if they're so slow to credit deposits.

It's an ACH, people. It's good, it really is.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Does NFCU support one of the ATM systems that accept deposits or shared branching? My CU's both do and it is convenient and fast!

I did a search on NFCU's home page and they are set up on the VCOM kiosks that are located in many 7-Eleven's. There's one three blocks from my house. I don't use that machine. I use the one at my local CU which is right around the corner. But I might have to try it just to see how it works. It could solve a problem for y'all. If you can't make a payment just deposit your funds into your share or checking account and pay by transfer from that account.

Message 3 of 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

In general, it takes 3 business days for the transfer to NFCU (or anywhere) to post if done from one bank to another.  Sat, Sun, and holidays do not count.  Transaction must be initiated before the "close" of that banks business day.

I found that with regularly scheduled transfers between banks, it is now taking about 2 days to post.  I say send the money on Thursday and it shows up on Friday. When I asked the bank about this (cuz it use to take so much longer) the bank said it was starting the transaction on Wednesday, knowing it takes 3 days to post.  It's a regular occurrence, the money is there, so no problem. 

Message 4 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Did the transfer on Thursday the money showed up overnight as I was able to see the transaction at 5 this morning. Beats the mail.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.