Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Question

tag
QUEENOFCANDLES
Established Member

NFCU Question

I just opened an account with them in Feb. We have DD as well. They financed a 52k auto loan for me with no down payment. The only offers I have on the my offers tab is a secured nrewards card. That probably means I shouldnt apply for a cc or navcheck huh?? Low/mid 600s.
Aug 2013-TU562, EX519, EQ445
Current -TU636, EX618, EQ602
Rebuilding!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Question

I have heard of many people being approved for an unseured card with a score in the low/mid 600s. NFCU is HP happy but they may offer you the secured if for some reason they deny you the unsecured/LOC. 

Honestly, it sounds like a great question to ask their CSR. They may be lower level CSRs, but they have always been extremely helpful to me. 

Message 2 of 6
norhplatter
Established Member

I was in low 600's and approved with VISA siggy for $5000, and rec'd checks along with it.  I tho't about CLI but decided against it.

Message 3 of 6
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

when i opened my account, the only offer was a secured card.  I applied for flagship, and got a 25k CL.

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 4 of 6
docrob24

The NavCheck LOC is a great program and turns your checking account into one that reports as a credit card to the CRA. (essentially)

The Max is 15k, however you dont have to start there. As long as you are reporting something, even 1k, it'll be beneficial.

Highly recommened going for a low limit just to get on the board, and reapply for CLI down the road, around 3-6 months.

If you have history with NFCU, they do their best to accomodate. Since you're new, start showing them you want it!

NFCU NavCheck LOC $15k I NavyFed Flagship $7k I NavyFed Platinum $10k
Military Star $2.5 I CapitalOne QS $500 I GE AshleyHomes $1k
Scores: EQ:654 (FICO ↑ 100 from Sep 13') Goal: 700 + AMEX.
In the garden until April 2016 **Except those SP CLIs**
Message 5 of 6
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

@docrob24 wrote:

The NavCheck LOC is a great program and turns your checking account into one that reports as a credit card to the CRA. (essentially)

The Max is 15k, however you dont have to start there. As long as you are reporting something, even 1k, it'll be beneficial.

Highly recommened going for a low limit just to get on the board, and reapply for CLI down the road, around 3-6 months.

If you have history with NFCU, they do their best to accomodate. Since you're new, start showing them you want it!

Thanks! you just answered a question I just posted about.

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.