Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Question

I just joined today after calling to ask if I would qualify.....I just opened a savings but I do plan on applying for one of their CC's in the future.....my question is would you recommend that I call back and open a checking now as well? Would that look better down the road when I do go to apply for their CC? I currently have a checking but was going to slowly move it over to NFCU now im thinking I should just open it today with my savings so when that time comes I will already have my debit card and everything I need. Just wondering if having a checking with DD would look better when applying for one of their card?

I cant thank this forum enough for all of the excellent info!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Question

I don't think it really matters.  When I applied and was approved for the credit card and LOC. I only had a savings account.  While since I have deposited quite a bit in my checking account it had no bearing on my approvals.

Message 2 of 6
rubberman2003
Established Member

I had just a savings with them. I applied for the cash rewards card and was approved with 640 ish score. I then opened up a checking after that.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just joined today after calling to ask if I would qualify.....I just opened a savings but I do plan on applying for one of their CC's in the future.....my question is would you recommend that I call back and open a checking now as well? Would that look better down the road when I do go to apply for their CC? I currently have a checking but was going to slowly move it over to NFCU now im thinking I should just open it today with my savings so when that time comes I will already have my debit card and everything I need. Just wondering if having a checking with DD would look better when applying for one of their card?

I only opened the Share Savings, then was transferred to apply for a cc. 

Is there a certain reason you are waiting to apply for a cc with them?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I only opened the Share Savings, then was transferred to apply for a cc. 

Is there a certain reason you are waiting to apply for a cc with them?

She isn't waiting any longer.  See her other thread :-)

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just nervous Smiley Sad im so happy I did it now but I was scared lol plus I had a lot on inquiries, my utilization was over 10% and my highest limit bankcard was $300, and my scores are low about mid 600's maybe a little less ....congrats on your approval too thays amazing! I read your post and it really inspired me!! So thankyou SO MUCH!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.