cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Request CLI or New Credit Card???

tag
newbee22

NFCU - Request CLI or New Credit Card???

Hey forum, I am a pretty new member and have never posted before.  I see some of you are old hands at this stuff and are pretty accurate with your information.  So, hear is my situation and question.  I have been a member of NFCU since August 2013 and was instantally approved for a 25K Platinum Visa @ 7.99%.  Now i've been pondering over whether to as for a CLI, or to ask for a different credit card all togather since i don't know if they would go over the initial 25K limit on the Platinum Visa.  So, the question is will they hard pull either way you look at it and do a review?  Has anyone out there had that experience?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU - Request CLI or New Credit Card???

$25k seems to be the limit for Navy without a manual review and hp (Platinum can go to $80k though)

It has no rewards though so I hope you are not using it for daily use or something (I would only use Platinum for BT and Cash advances)

What would be more useful for you and your reports:

1. $50k line on 1 card?

2. 2 accounts, 1 being new and reducing your AA?

Message 2 of 5
newbee22

Thanks for replying creditaddict!

I would love a 50K limit on one card, however, I don't think I would qualify for that since my annual income is only a little over $74K.  I think i would need to be well into the six figures to achieve that kind of a limit.  Anyway thanks for the info.  Now on a different note since i don't see much information on the forum regarding Debt Consolidation Loans from NFCU, I would like to share that I just got approved for a $27,180 consolidation loan and rolled three of my debts into one but at a rate of 16%.  The hit pretty hard on interest rate on these loans when you request a unsecured - no collateral type of loan.  Overall, i'm still saving lots of money, it works for me ... and i'm happy.  Oh, my FICO Scores were in the very low 700's and the made me unfreeze equifax.  Thanks again creditaddicts!

PS. They move my post.  Did I do it right?

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wait wait, is your $25k platinum at a $0 balance?
Message 4 of 5
shark268
Contributor

@newbee22 wrote:

Thanks for replying creditaddict!

I would love a 50K limit on one card, however, I don't think I would qualify for that since my annual income is only a little over $74K.  I think i would need to be well into the six figures to achieve that kind of a limit.  Anyway thanks for the info.  Now on a different note since i don't see much information on the forum regarding Debt Consolidation Loans from NFCU, I would like to share that I just got approved for a $27,180 consolidation loan and rolled three of my debts into one but at a rate of 16%.  The hit pretty hard on interest rate on these loans when you request a unsecured - no collateral type of loan.  Overall, i'm still saving lots of money, it works for me ... and i'm happy.  Oh, my FICO Scores were in the very low 700's and the made me unfreeze equifax.  Thanks again creditaddicts!

PS. They move my post.  Did I do it right?

Your Plat NFCU card treats balance transfers as cash advances ( CC rate + 2%). This means you are already approved for 25k at 10% if you were to transfer your debt to NFCU. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that would be a better option for you. 

Also, my income is 40k and I was approved for 29K in NFCU credit instantly without paperwork ( across two lines), so I think you could get another 25k or atleast 10k if you applied for a new card. 

4/2013 first credit ever. Eq Fico 749, discover TU fico 777

NFCU NavChek: 15k // NFCU CashRewards 14k // Sportsman's Guide Visa 9k // CSP 7.5k // CU LOC 7.5k // Amex BCE 6k (1987) // Total Rewards 5.5k // BarclayCard Ring 5k // Amex ED 4.5k (1987) // Commerce Bank 4k // Cap1 VentureOne 3k // JCrew Store: $6.45k // WF Visa 3k // Amazon Store 2.5k // Quicksilver MC $1.5k // Discover IT $1250 // Chase Freedom $1k // PenFed LOC $500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.