Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Restriction Security Department

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Restriction Security Department

@darkfrosty wrote:
No I get that just scary. I'm a new member and got a cc .. The lady kept saying you should apply. Haven't used it yet. Been a member for just over 30 days

Don't be afraid 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 61 of 75
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

On the downside your score will drop a bit because of the maxed out utilization but considering it's on a 12 month BT, it will definitely improve after approximately the 8 month mark of payments for sure.  The true upside is all the money you will save in interest/no transfer fees. If you look at it from that point of view, it's a win win for you despite the outcome of NFCU closing out the accounts.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 62 of 75
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

I hope all the scoring models use this

If anyone has any insight please chime in

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2011/06/07/canceling-card-with-balance-doesnt-have-to-hu...

"When you close a credit card account, the impact on your credit score may not be felt right away, according to FICO. That's because the account's credit utilization ratio -- a comparison of its balance to credit limit -- will continue to be factored into the calculation of your FICO score as long as the card's balance remains. Once the balance reaches zero, FICO will no longer include that account's credit limit in the calculation of your total credit utilization."

EDIT:  I have posted this in http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Canceling-a-Card-With-a-Balance-Doesn-t-Have-to-Hurt/m-...

Message 63 of 75
xangoboy
Contributor

Curious OP, did they just blacklist you? Or did they blacklist your entire family that you sponsored as well?
Message 64 of 75
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

I believe they blocked all the people he sponsored not sure about his sponsor.

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 65 of 75
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

They locked everyone, including the original sponsor

I'm hoping when I finish paying off the CLOC and the Visa they will double think there lockout...  im not holding my breath though

The VISA is reported as CLOSED on my CRA and my mom's visa is reported as open still ***Update both VISAs are reported as closed***

The CLOC is still OPEN...

Everyone still gets monthly mailed statements.... and the CLOC says Checking Line of Credit FROZEN no credit available

'

Just the utter LACK OF COMMUNICATION I can not believe

Message 66 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Well at least you got your BTs in before lock
Message 67 of 75
xangoboy
Contributor

@JTC403 wrote:

They locked everyone, including the original sponsor

I'm hoping when I finish paying off the CLOC and the Visa they will double think there lockout...  im not holding my breath though

The VISA is reported as CLOSED on my CRA and my mom's visa is reported as open still

The CLOC is still OPEN...

Everyone still gets monthly mailed statements.... and the CLOC says Checking Line of Credit FROZEN no credit available

'

Just the utter LACK OF COMMUNICATION I can not believe

That's crazy.  Did your entire family have maxed out CC's and CLOC's with them?  Or was it just you that BT everything over? 

Message 68 of 75
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Damn. Definitely going to wait a few months before applying for credit of any kind.

Message 69 of 75
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

They WILL NOT give me Paper Statements for my VISA Card...

they won't email them either

They said b/c of the 'alert' from security... they cant do anything...
and Ill have to go to the branch MONTHLY to get my statement...

this is BOGUS

I thought by law they HAD TO issue me a paper statement.
I don't have access to nfcu.com anymore

I shouldnt have to drive an hour every month to get my statement

I tried talking to a manager and its a no go

Also, emailed it in writing

Message 70 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.