cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Rewards Card

tag
Rambler88

NFCU Rewards Card

I'm new to this and currently deployed to Afghan.  i wanted to post my thoughts on Navy Federal Credit Union.  Simply awesome. last spring my credit score was around the mid to high 500's. I applied for a personal loan not knowing if I would get it. I was approved for 2k and since paid it off.  My scores since have jumped  

Trans=680

Equifax=650

Experian=615

I decided to put in for the Cash Rewards Card alil over a month ago online and the next day was approved for $7500 limit. I'm due for R&R in April and used the card to purchase my ticket homeSmiley Happy. Next I'm looking at my first home purchase through them. I tell everyone I come across if you are eligable to become a navy fed account holder ...... do it.  The cash rewards card gives back on basically any purchase and no expiration to claim.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mahiven
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Rewards Card

We wanted to sign up, my wife's grandfather was in the Navy and my dad was in the Airforce. My father is deceased and I don't know his SSN and it just seems weird to ask for her grandfather's SSN to sign up. Is there a way around that? My wife's credit scores are actually a bump above yours and we would love to apply for their credit card.

03/19/2011 EQ: 627 EX: 602 TU 590 (lender pull) 07/16/2011 EQ: 646 EX: 629 TU 647 Fell off the wagon in 2012. Starting over in 2013.Current Score: 01/07/2013 EQ: 646 EX: ??? TU 608 Goal Score: 700 club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Rambler88

I been with NFCU since 2009 as i served in the army for 13 yrs but could not get an account with NFCU. I got my account as a DOD contractor While on a field exercise at Ft Irwin.  Do you have access to or have your fathers DD form 2-14? That would have his SS on it or to the nearest VA facility and explain to them your situation.  Other than that the only other options I see is asking your wife's grandfathers info.  After you become a member as I'm sure you awesome I know you and your wife will love it.

i hope this helped

Message 3 of 7
martinkk
Contributor

Not to threadjack, but...I joined under my dad, who was retired Air Force and deceased when I joined. They only asked me for his name and I guess they found it in their database or something. I have never been asked for anything else. Do you think I will be? I joined last November.

Message 4 of 7
mahiven
Regular Contributor

On their website, to apply, it says you must put in the last four of their SSN.

03/19/2011 EQ: 627 EX: 602 TU 590 (lender pull) 07/16/2011 EQ: 646 EX: 629 TU 647 Fell off the wagon in 2012. Starting over in 2013.Current Score: 01/07/2013 EQ: 646 EX: ??? TU 608 Goal Score: 700 club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
martinkk
Contributor

Hmmm....I called and apped over the phone.

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Rambler88 wrote:

I'm new to this and currently deployed to Afghan.  i wanted to post my thoughts on Navy Federal Credit Union.  Simply awesome. last spring my credit score was around the mid to high 500's. I applied for a personal loan not knowing if I would get it. I was approved for 2k and since paid it off.  My scores since have jumped  

Trans=680

Equifax=650

Experian=615

I decided to put in for the Cash Rewards Card alil over a month ago online and the next day was approved for $7500 limit. I'm due for R&R in April and used the card to purchase my ticket homeSmiley Happy. Next I'm looking at my first home purchase through them. I tell everyone I come across if you are eligable to become a navy fed account holder ...... do it.  The cash rewards card gives back on basically any purchase and no expiration to claim.

Congrats on the approval and more importantly, thank you for your service. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.