cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: your selling yourself short with worry

Yeah I would say go for it ~ I don't know if their approval criteria is any different for the flagship card, but I think your odds are good.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 21 of 37
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah I would say go for it ~ I don't know if their approval criteria is any different for the flagship card, but I think your odds are good.
Message 22 of 37
shols44
Frequent Contributor

When I apped NFCU I purposely went for the Sig Rewards Visa because it says " Minimum CL 5k". I wanted to make sure I got no less than 5K and I got more. Way more. AF and rates have never bothered me much. You can always "Barry White" your way into getting it waived. 

Like Arnorld would say, Do it! Do it Now! LOL

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 23 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

When I apped NFCU I purposely went for the Sig Rewards Visa because it says " Minimum CL 5k". I wanted to make sure I got no less than 5K and I got more. Way more. AF and rates have never bothered me much. You can always "Barry White" your way into getting it waived. 

Like Arnorld would say, Do it! Do it Now! LOL

Hahaha! Yea guess I would go ahead and go for the the 5k minimum.. LOL! Would they counter with something else if you just dont quite cut it? Ill be doing this after I get my TU refreshed on the 4-6th of January. I will keep you all posted on the results.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 24 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

What now?

Well I just pulled the trigger on the NFCU Flagship Rewards Signature card, it got sent to further review. Smiley Mad Don't know how that gonna go. I told them to leave my NFCU Secured CC open, want to make sure I collect my last 100 points for the $50 NFCU gift card. Smiley Happy Any ideas on what should I do next? Has anyone recently gotten this decision? How did you go about? Do I call back? When? Recon? etc etc. Sorry. Just don't want that HP to go to waste.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 25 of 37
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: What now?

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Well I just pulled the trigger on the NFCU Flagship Rewards Signature card, it got sent to further review. Smiley Mad Don't know how that gonna go. I told them to leave my NFCU Secured CC open, want to make sure I collect my last 100 points for the $50 NFCU gift card. Smiley Happy Any ideas on what should I do next? Has anyone recently gotten this decision? How did you go about? Do I call back? When? Recon? etc etc. Sorry. Just don't want that HP to go to waste.

I app'd the day I got my online access. Received the 3-5 day message and checked my account the next day and was approved so I wouldn't worry too much.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 26 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Re: What now?

@j_casteel wrote:

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

I app'd the day I got my online access. Received the 3-5 day message and checked my account the next day and was approved so I wouldn't worry too much.

Well guess we'll see what happens. I app'ed over the phone. All she said I'd get emailed, txt'ed or called back within 24-48hrs. I was like ok whatevers. Think I keep on getting this kind of results since I have my Active Duty Alert status on. Happened with Barclays, but it just said call this number for further review and a couple questions later. Bam! Approved. Not liking this start to 2013. Lol

Message 27 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

APPROVED!!!! :D

Wow! Just this morning checked my NFCU account and BOOM! The Visa Signature Flagship Rewards CC was added with a starting 5K CL at 14.99% cant complain, wasnt even sure about being approved. Anyways thanks to you guys here at myFICO I pulled the trigger and another success story has unfolded. THANKS! Smiley Very Happy

BTW: The scores they probably pulled were: TU:663 and/or EQ:668.

Message 28 of 37
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: APPROVED!!!! :D

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Wow! Just this morning checked my NFCU account and BOOM! The Visa Signature Flagship Rewards CC was added with a starting 5K CL at 14.99% cant complain, wasnt even sure about being approved. Anyways thanks to you guys here at myFICO I pulled the trigger and another success story has unfolded. THANKS! Smiley Very Happy

BTW: The scores they probably pulled were: TU:663 and/or EQ:668.

Congrats on the approval !!!   NFCU comes through again !  Smiley LOL

Message 29 of 37
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?

Congrats!
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.