Reply
Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎07-02-2012
0

Re: NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?

[ Edited ]

Well I will probably if anything pull the trigger next month when the scores are fresh and my TU is due for a new score/report from myFico on January. We'll see how that goes and maybe get a better CL than what I would get right now with this old score. BTW. Thanks for all the input I've gotten as of now. Its great hearing different opinions and experiences on this matter.

 

Edit: BTW whats the best way to better your chances on approval with a NFCU CC? From past experiences.. Online, Phone, etc etc..

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 262
Registered: ‎03-07-2009
0

Re: NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?


jrodzmc09 wrote:

Well I will probably if anything pull the trigger next month when the scores are fresh and my TU is due for a new score/report from myFico on January. We'll see how that goes and maybe get a better CL than what I would get right now with this old score. BTW. Thanks for all the input I've gotten as of now. Its great hearing different opinions and experiences on this matter.

 

Edit: BTW whats the best way to better your chances on approval with a NFCU CC? From past experiences.. Online, Phone, etc etc..


I personally don't like to talk to people over the phone. It makes me nervous LOL. I always apply online, but you may be different.


Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎07-02-2012
0

Re: NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?

I'm just noticing your scores are similar to mine. Did you have any baddies and what where they when you app'ed for a "real" NFCU CC. TiA.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 262
Registered: ‎03-07-2009
0

Re: NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?


jrodzmc09 wrote:

I'm just noticing your scores are similar to mine. Did you have any baddies and what where they when you app'ed for a "real" NFCU CC. TiA.


No collections

Verizon Wireless Paid CO - 4/5 months old

NFCU vehicle loan with 6 or 7 30 day lates, and 3 60 day lates

NFCU consolidation loan that was paid off but the final payment got counted as 30 days late

 

EQ Fico probably was around 642-648 then.

Had obtained an Amazon Store Card, Amex Zync, and Barclays card a few months prior. Like between August and October of 2011.


Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 761
Registered: ‎10-16-2007
0

your selling yourself short with worry

your selling yourself short with worry

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,


IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1









Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎07-02-2012
0

Re: your selling yourself short with worry


dodgeball wrote:

your selling yourself short with worry


No! Not really. I just want to make sure all my lines are straight. On my 675 TU is 2 CO CC's (Express & HSBC) GW with Express and PRA. They are getting removed, but havent hit TU yet, only EX. 2 foreclosed Chase mortgage loans. Coming off Dec. 2013. 4 Revolving Accounts. 3 paid off installment loans (2 are toyota financial credit car loans, closed and paid) 2 inquiries (last was 10/12) and 2 collections PRA & AD ASTRA RECOVERY (PRA should be coming off in the next month or so and I GW'ed AD Astra Recovery)

 

So now that my dirty laundry is out can someone tell me what are my more accurate odds of success. :smileyindifferent:

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 402
Registered: ‎11-03-2012
0

Re: your selling yourself short with worry


jrodzmc09 wrote:

dodgeball wrote:

your selling yourself short with worry


No! Not really. I just want to make sure all my lines are straight. On my 675 TU is 2 CO CC's (Express & HSBC) GW with Express and PRA. They are getting removed, but havent hit TU yet, only EX. 2 foreclosed Chase mortgage loans. Coming off Dec. 2013. 4 Revolving Accounts. 3 paid off installment loans (2 are toyota financial credit car loans, closed and paid) 2 inquiries (last was 10/12) and 2 collections PRA & AD ASTRA RECOVERY (PRA should be coming off in the next month or so and I GW'ed AD Astra Recovery)

 

So now that my dirty laundry is out can someone tell me what are my more accurate odds of success. :smileyindifferent:


99% Chance you get approved and approved big. If you truly have a EQ 650, you will get approved. Expect 5K ish.  Especially since you have 2 years of positive history with them. Stop worrying and go for it. Look at my Sig...then see what NFCU card I'm rocking!


Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 706 EQ,TU 689,EX 686
Goal Score: 720

Established Contributor
Posts: 761
Registered: ‎10-16-2007
0

Re: your selling yourself short with worry

I think you will be approved as well, your going to get the In review process than in a couple of days bamm you will get the 5k. Also check my signature on what NFCU cards I have as well. My story not unlike yours.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,


IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1









Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: your selling yourself short with worry

+1. NFCU is the best with giving generous CLs and approvals to rebuilders. You should have no trouble getting approved, especially given your secured card's history with them.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎07-02-2012
0

Re: your selling yourself short with worry


pizzadude wrote:
+1. NFCU is the best with giving generous CLs and approvals to rebuilders. You should have no trouble getting approved, especially given your secured card's history with them.

So you would say go ahead and apply for any NFCU? Base on your experiences I could possibly be approved for the Flagship Signature card? Not that I see myself in need of that, but just out of curiosity. Personally I would probably just try for the CashRewards or just an unsecured nRewards. Not big on the AF CC's. 

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.