Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured or wait?

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured or wait?

CA  Has Spoken...

I didn't know what the threshold was.. I just was going by the rest of his profile....

Damn... didnt realize NFCU was that low hanging fruit...

=)

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

NO... Never take the secured card until you have at least been declined unsecured and tried secure message recon!!

your 633 is WAY high enough for an approval for unsecured.

not sure rest of your report but still!

My report has multiple serious derogs, charge offs, recent lates (a collection that all of a sudden showed up as 120+ days late, curertnly in disupute).  Why should I apply for an unsecured card than if I get declined to recon for a secured?

Message 12 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

NO... Never take the secured card until you have at least been declined unsecured and tried secure message recon!!

your 633 is WAY high enough for an approval for unsecured.

not sure rest of your report but still!

My report has multiple serious derogs, charge offs, recent lates (a collection that all of a sudden showed up as 120+ days late, curertnly in disupute).  Why should I apply for an unsecured card than if I get declined to recon for a secured?

You can't recon to secured... you can recon decline unsecured and if still denied you have to apply for secured.

But, what are the lates on? no sense getting more credit if current credit is behind, you don't need new credit rebuild, you are better of rebuilding with current credit.

really though in the end, 1 inq for unsecured will not hurt you so you my as well try unsecured before taking the secured card.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates are from old credit cards +2 years old, car payments from years ago, student loans (were in deferment so getting that fixed).   I have a couple lates from recent on credit cards, only lates within a year but trying to GW them off as I changed addresses and the statements got lost in the mail.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.