Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

NFCU Secured

I'm applying for the NFCU Secured Card Friday and am just wondering about people's experience with the card"

Instant Approval?

How fast did the card come?

Anyone ever been turned down?

Any other info I should know?

I'm applying for the card in hopes of building a positive tradeline while I pay off some baddies? Please please share your stories.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CycleNKY

Re: NFCU Secured

Please keep us updated as to your outcome.

Thanks
Message 2 of 7
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I will. I'm hopin g all goes well!

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I'm applying for the NFCU Secured Card Friday and am just wondering about people's experience with the card"

Instant Approval?

I'm applying for the card in hopes of building a positive tradeline while I pay off some baddies? Please please share your stories.

It is not an instant approval because it has to get sent over so they can put the hold on the funds in your savings account.  It will come back in anywhere from a few hours to several days, I think mine was 1 or 2 days.  The card arrived about 1 week maybe little less, little more... my mind these days! LOL

You don't get turned down as long as you have never burned Navy in the past as far as I know.

Must start with at least $500.

You can add more at anytime by putting it in your savings and calling and they will move it to "Hold" it and the new line is ready almost instantly.  You can also take away anything above the $500 as long as the balance is below what you want... as easy and fast as adding is... which is REALLY nice when talking about secured Cards.... 

Message 4 of 7
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Instant Approval?

You'll be fine.It's extremely rare to be turned down for nfcu secured card.A family member has that card and has nothing but good things to say about it.The card actually comes with perks such as rental car insurance coverage which is a feature normally reserve for Signature credit cards. Navy Federal is the best.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 5 of 7
McArthur
Regular Contributor

And no annual fee plus the chance it can graduate.

NFCU secured card is really a no-brainer.

Message 6 of 7
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Great to hear the responses! While I was there I heard some info about the secured loan. I may try that too.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.