Contributor
DanielF

NFCU Security Breach

Did anyone else get a call from nfcu telling their sig card had been breached?? Got a call from them saying my visa cash rewards card was breached and they were sendibg new cards out.
Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

Re: NFCU Security Breach

I have not heard from them.. But at the same time the website says my card has been switched for almost two weeks now and i have yet to see the new card..

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800

Valued Contributor
RyVision

Have not heard or seen a thing on any card or account with NFCU of this sort.

Established Contributor
swpopham

Called in. They said everything was okay
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Err this is odd. I didn't get a call from them.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
DanielF

I was a little concerned at first that the call was a scam, but the CSR didn't ask for any personal information and seemed to already know all of mine. I checked the phone number and it is registered with NFCU. They said they received a call from VISA and a bunch of card numbers had been compromised. Mine was one of them. Just was curious how widespread the security breach was. They seemed to have very little information about how or why the number was breached.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}