Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Security Dept Membership Verification

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

NFCU Security Dept Membership Verification

FYI anyone that applies for NavCheck when getting in to NFCU will more than likely have their account frozen at some point until eligibility can be proved. I found out what triggers a lot of these audits is applying for the NavCheck product. Anyway just thought people would want to know!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Security Dept Membership Verification

@MrCredit wrote:

FYI anyone that applies for NavCheck when getting in to NFCU will more than likely have their account frozen at some point until eligibility can be proved. I found out what triggers a lot of these audits is applying for the NavCheck product. Anyway just thought people would want to know!

I'll bite:

What is the basis of evidence regarding this claim? Anecdotal, observational, etc.? What is "a lot" of these audits? More than 10 cases? 20?

I don't mean to sound antagonistic towards the claim itself, as true as it may or may not be; I just want to make sure we do our due diligence to make sure rumors aren't needlessly spread.

FYI, I joined late last year, was approved for 15k checking LOC, 15k cc. No membership verification yet, even though I think I'd probably be a prime candidate for one (During application I really only verbally told them a family member was in the army, they really asked no further questions after that).

Message 2 of 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Xerostatus,   you didn't have to provide a member's access # or ssn or name , when you applied to NFCU?  

Message 3 of 9
MrCredit
Established Contributor

No same for me. They just asked my affiliation. I offered it but she said since I was instantly approved no need for it. I asked about the verifications and she said if I am not referring a 100 people in my family and I do not apply for a bunch of products right away it wont draw any flags. She said the NavCheck product tends to trigger membership audits.

Message 4 of 9
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Xerostatus how long has it been since you joined and do you keep a good amount of money there?

Message 5 of 9
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

Xerostatus,   you didn't have to provide a member's access # or ssn or name , when you applied to NFCU?  

No, all I gave was name, rank, and branch of military. My family member was/is NOT a NFCU member.

@MrCredit wrote:

Xerostatus how long has it been since you joined and do you keep a good amount of money there?

I opened my account in Oct'13 (opened the share savings, checking, LOC, and CC within the first few days). In the beginning I didn't keep too much funds in my checkings/savings, since I already had a main checking account I do my normal transactions with. But i did recently throw in 2000 just to show some use, and also to diversify where I keep my cash.

Message 6 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Diversification is good. Especially if you didn't go in with an actual sponsor, member#. Heard to many horror stories of freezes months, years down the line. Better safe than sorry Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Call me paranoid but because of all I have read about the Jr. C.I.A, I mean Security Team, I made my Dad join first then I went in under him. Even after two different CSRs told me he wouldn't need to. I wasn't taking any chances.
Message 8 of 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I joined through my sister.  I did it online they asked for her access # or ssn, her name and etc.   Her and I got the $50 referral bonus though.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.