Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Signature + CLI

tag
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Signature + CLI

NFCU is awesome. I have only had my card for 1 statement. sent an online rewuest to go from 5 to 10k.....they countered with 8k.  Such an amazing institution. 

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 11 of 24
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Got a letter yesterday telling me that my CshReward is being converted to the Signature. I called to see if I could push my luck with them and asked for a CLI.

I asked if they could do it without a hard pull. Very helpful lady puts me on hold and comes back after 3-4 minutes telling me that my new CL is now $30K and no HP was done. They just did an account review. A $2K CL. I have not received any EQ or TU alert yet so fingers crossed.

I logged on to my account today and my CC now says

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Visa Signature cashRewards

With the following link below:

http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/concierge.jsp

Smiley Happy

CS800 What is the difference between the cashRewards and the SIG? When I was approved earlier this week it states Visa Sig cashRewards? Is that a "perk"

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 12 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Cash rewards is what the card has been. A couple of weeks ago, they added the signature card. So, now they offer 2 sig cards. Flagship and cash rewards. The cash rewards sig has no AF, at least at this time. Many people with $5k+ CLs were automatically upgraded to the sig card. 

Signature benefits are in addition to the cash rewards. SigCCs start at $5k CL.

Navy's sig card will report CLs on the CRAs. Not all sig visas or world master cards report CLs to the CRAs.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Is this your first CLI?Every time I call and ask them about a CLI, they say that I need to app and they'll do a HP.  

I got a CLI when my card was approved way back. This was a second one but in any case my EQ and TU are frozen anyways. They just looked at my activity on the card itself.

Message 14 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

Oh man that's awesome! I love NFCU! I just finished paying off my loan with them today so maybe in like another 6-7 months, I can ask them for another increase on my NRewards card and it will be pretty significant. Maybe I'll be as lucky as you and it will not be a hard pull. i'm inspired.

Got to love this CU. I just refi another car with them. Took me from 6.99% and they offerred me 2.59% on 24 months.

Message 15 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

HUGE Congrats CS, that is beyond awesome! 

I hope more of us get news like this from NFCU!  (hint hint NFCU Smiley LOL)

Thanks Smiley Happy

Are you with them?

Message 16 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@AvaMommy wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Got a letter yesterday telling me that my CshReward is being converted to the Signature. I called to see if I could push my luck with them and asked for a CLI.

I asked if they could do it without a hard pull. Very helpful lady puts me on hold and comes back after 3-4 minutes telling me that my new CL is now $30K and no HP was done. They just did an account review. A $2K CL. I have not received any EQ or TU alert yet so fingers crossed.

I logged on to my account today and my CC now says

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Visa Signature cashRewards

With the following link below:

http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/concierge.jsp

Smiley Happy

CS800 What is the difference between the cashRewards and the SIG? When I was approved earlier this week it states Visa Sig cashRewards? Is that a "perk"

You get the signature benefits. Click on the link that I posted in my original message. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 24
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Cash rewards is what the card has been. A couple of weeks ago, they added the signature card. So, now they offer 2 sig cards. Flagship and cash rewards. The cash rewards sig has no AF, at least at this time. Many people with $5k+ CLs were automatically upgraded to the sig card. 

Signature benefits are in addition to the cash rewards. SigCCs start at $5k CL.

Navy's sig card will report CLs on the CRAs. Not all sig visas or world master cards report CLs to the CRAs.

Thanks Bichonmom for the 101! Very beneficial

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 18 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

I'm glad that NFCU reports the CL. My BOA doesn't.

I wated to get my Chase Freedom to a CSP but that would take my CL off also.

Message 19 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Very lucky! Navy must love you. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.