Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Signature Visa

tag
screeema
Valued Member

NFCU Signature Visa

I got a notice from NFCU that my cash rewards Visa is being upgraded to a Signature Visa..

This will be my first signature card, any downside??

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Signature Visa

Since nfcu reports the limit on its signature cards there doesn't appear to be a downside.

I'm hoping for the upgrade myself!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 30
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

The only downside is the $49 annual fee, which still isn't that bad all things considered. To webhopper, you can request to upgrade at any time. There is no hard pull, and it's usually instant...I upgraded about 6 months ago.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@searchingfor67 wrote:

The only downside is the $49 annual fee, which still isn't that bad all things considered. To webhopper, you can request to upgrade at any time. There is no hard pull, and it's usually instant...I upgraded about 6 months ago.

I think what you are talking about is an upgrade or product change to the flagship visa sig. As far as ive heard; the cash rewards visa sig does not have an annual fee.
FICO 9:

Message 4 of 30
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a cash rewards visa sig....good to know.

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 5 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@searchingfor67 wrote:

Its brand new! Being offered as an upgrade to existing card holders. I want one!!!
FICO 9:

Message 6 of 30
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

I see...I didn't even see it listed on there website. Is it that same ugly green color? 

Message 7 of 30
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@searchingfor67 wrote:

Its brand new! Being offered as an upgrade to existing card holders. I want one!!!

webhopper...I can't believe you haven't received yours yet. Are you on the west coast?

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@searchingfor67 wrote:

I see...I didn't even see it listed on there website. Is it that same ugly green color? 

The replacement cards are still a few weeks away from being mailed out. I hope they turn the card black or white... anything but GREEN. Lol
FICO 9:

Message 9 of 30
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@searchingfor67 wrote:

The replacement cards are still a few weeks away from being mailed out. I hope they turn the card black or white... anything but GREEN. Lol

It's still green. They have a picture in the mailer.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.