Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Stay at home mom approval

tag
mamaoftwins
New Contributor

NFCU - Stay at home mom approval

I'm all ready for my NFCU mini spree but I am confused on the application. I am a stay at home mom in a community property state. My husband makes over $100k/year - do I put in his income info (business name/how many years he has worked there) or do I select unemployed and then put his income in the "other monthly income" category? Will that work? 

2/12/2014: EQ: 700, EX: 716, TU: 722

NFCU CashRewards $25k | NFCU Navcheck $15k | Home Depot $15k | CSP $12k | Freedom $9k | Sallie Mae $4.5k | Amex BCE $2k | 1FBUSA $1.8k |

Gardening until 2016-2017
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU - Stay at home mom approval

Is there a place for household income? Most apps have that option. I can't remember about Navy Fed
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mamaoftwins wrote:

I'm all ready for my NFCU mini spree but I am confused on the application. I am a stay at home mom in a community property state. My husband makes over $100k/year - do I put in his income info (business name/how many years he has worked there) or do I select unemployed and then put his income in the "other monthly income" category? Will that work? 

you file joint taxes right?

Navy can be a pain about income verifcation but "usually" first app goes throguh without a hitch and many times the navcheck if it's 2nd app... but after that in the future you will probably be asked to supply some docs at some point.... i would think you would be able to use his income since you file jointly and in community state and OTHER banks would agree... Navy might make him be joint before they allow... but I would go ahead and use it and ask questions later if you get asked to supply proof.

worse case they will tell you what they will accept or what not

Message 3 of 4
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mamaoftwins wrote:

you file joint taxes right?

Navy can be a pain about income verifcation but "usually" first app goes throguh without a hitch and many times the navcheck if it's 2nd app... but after that in the future you will probably be asked to supply some docs at some point.... i would think you would be able to use his income since you file jointly and in community state and OTHER banks would agree... Navy might make him be joint before they allow... but I would go ahead and use it and ask questions later if you get asked to supply proof.

worse case they will tell you what they will accept or what not

+1 I just posted in the other thread! Go for it. No worries..

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.