Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Suspended two of my accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Suspended two of my accounts

oh maybe i need to call them back and change stuff. what info do i need?
they didn't even ask my grandfathers name...
Message 21 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
but he's no longer around. and my other grandpa served a few years. and my uncle retired after 22-23 years. but i don't think that counts.

Your uncle actually would count.

Bingo! That's his surefire way in. 2011 don't call right now and alert them to anything until you have your backup sponsor. Work on that. THEN once you get your parent related to your uncle set up, call and give them their member # as your sponsor.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

would it look fishy to have my sponsor member # that's 2 years older than mine? lol
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just going through this now.  My dad has all of his paperwork from way back.  I just want to start a savings before I app for a cc. I was a little hesitant to without the correct paperwork.  

Message 24 of 27
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
don't think he retired and he definitely didn't have an account there. i asked the rep and she said as long as he was enrolled at some point it doesn't matter. they aren't as strict as usaa

See that's the thing, you can always get some rep to put you in the system without any verification. Heck you can even enroll online and no one asks a thing. But at some point if it comes up, or else randomly, eligibility gets enforced. If your grandpa didn't retire, he wasn't eligible. So definitely his family wouldn't be. They're a little frustrating the way they handle this, hopefully it changes soon. All vets and family should be eligible, like USAA. 

@Bman70 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
don't think he retired and he definitely didn't have an account there. i asked the rep and she said as long as he was enrolled at some point it doesn't matter. they aren't as strict as usaa

See that's the thing, you can always get some rep to put you in the system without any verification. Heck you can even enroll online and no one asks a thing. But at some point if it comes up, or else randomly, eligibility gets enforced. If your grandpa didn't retire, he wasn't eligible. So definitely his family wouldn't be. They're a little frustrating the way they handle this, hopefully it changes soon. All vets and family should be eligible, like USAA. 

When I joined online,  It asked for my sponsors ssn or their access number.  I put in my sister's access number,  went through with no problem.  I got 50 bucks and she got 50 bucks.  

Message 25 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
would it look fishy to have my sponsor member # that's 2 years older than mine? lol

Naw dude. Just tell them you want to use your parent as your sponsor since your Grandfather is deceased and never had an account. No biggie dude. And you won't have to worry about being audited. Ever. You'd be in the clear. Or like I said earlier, you could just have them as a backup sponsor if you are ever shut down for eligibility and not call and change anything. You could never get questioned. It's really a crapshoot. But, this way you're prepared just in case. 

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

i like the way ballers think!
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.