Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Suspended two of my accounts

tag
Miamicanes
Valued Member

NFCU Suspended two of my accounts

Logged on today to find that my available credit on my CLOC is zero and my signature card that has a 25000 limit has a N/a next to available credit , But my N Rewards card is still working !? Why would they suspend two accounts and not all ? Looking for some insight before I call !

Semper Fi
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Suspended two of my accounts

Did they discover you aren't truly qualified for membership?

There was a story back about someone getting approved for membership being the niece of their roommate's friend who had a great uncle who was a NFCU member or something...

... and after a few days had their membership cancelled along with the accounts.

Or it could be something else...  since you still have one open account.   Unless they close that one too...

AA could also be related to payment issues or something else on your CR that set off red flags.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Miamicanes wrote:

Logged on today to find that my available credit on my CLOC is zero and my signature card that has a 25000 limit has a N/a next to available credit , But my N Rewards card is still working !? Why would they suspend two accounts and not all ? Looking for some insight before I call !

No idea what would cause them to take AA unless you have had payment issues but I'd be on the phone right now to verify that the accounts have been limited and aren't just some web site issue.

Message 3 of 27
Bman70
Established Contributor

Two things I can think off the bat: Verification of some kind, needing to get identification docs. Although this seems unlikely given you've had the membership a while. 2- Membership eligibility in question. They're known to let people in easily, then later (months or maybe years!) make sure the account is legit. How did you get in? I'm a vet but not eligible, you need 20 year retirement, some other military retirement, or on DOD payroll.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

my grandpa was military and they let me in withoitv Ben verification
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

without even**
Message 6 of 27
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
without even**

Well at some point the random investigation generator will pop that account up on someone's screen. Smiley Wink Actually though, as long as your grandfather was retired military, or a member himself at some point, you should have checked out fine.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't think he retired and he definitely didn't have an account there. i asked the rep and she said as long as he was enrolled at some point it doesn't matter. they aren't as strict as usaa
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

but he's no longer around. and my other grandpa served a few years. and my uncle retired after 22-23 years. but i don't think that counts.
Message 9 of 27
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
don't think he retired and he definitely didn't have an account there. i asked the rep and she said as long as he was enrolled at some point it doesn't matter. they aren't as strict as usaa

See that's the thing, you can always get some rep to put you in the system without any verification. Heck you can even enroll online and no one asks a thing. But at some point if it comes up, or else randomly, eligibility gets enforced. If your grandpa didn't retire, he wasn't eligible. So definitely his family wouldn't be. They're a little frustrating the way they handle this, hopefully it changes soon. All vets and family should be eligible, like USAA. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.