Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Transfer Question

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Transfer Question

@Anonymous wrote:
Even though at the end it will technically be a balance transfer in the beginning she would be transferring her NFCU credit line over to her NFCU checking. Thats the way she was asking about which would start as a internal transfer from CC to checking then a bill payment to pay off the store cards. Are you able to do balance transfer on store cards? I never thought about that.

i would transfer the minumim cash to checking that you possibly could to minimize interest....then bt the cards when the promo comes out

Message 31 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you BT store cards? I'm only asking because I honestly don't know and curious about it
Message 32 of 42
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Can you BT store cards? I'm only asking because I honestly don't know and curious about it

yes

Message 33 of 42
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ecxpa- congrats on becoming a NFCU member and the cash rewards approval. I have loved NFCU so far. If u ever have any questions about NFCU CreditAddict is the one you want to talk to. He knows everything.

As far as the transfers you have to set it up from a outside account. You can do this before any statement cuts, you can also make payments before your statement cuts what you want to do is log into your online account. At the top you will see a "transfer" tab. Click on that. At the bottom of that screen you will see "External Accounts" click on that and it will walk you through linking your external bank account. Of course you put in your routing and account number. After that it's not instant you will have to confirm the external account and that happens by NFCU sending you a email or text with a confirmation code. For me it took about 24 hours to get that code, others got it within a couple hours. Once you get they code you log back in, go back to transfers and external accounts and click on "confirm" and put your code in. Once that is done you are ready to go and that account will now show in the drop down menu of transfers. hope that helps! If u still have trouble let me know.

Thanks so much CreditQueen........just started using Chrome and didn't scroll down to see the external accounts tab.....looking forward to using NFCU

Message 34 of 42
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Got the external account setup and confirmed........can't transfer funds from the external account into savings or checking though. 

Message 35 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecxpa wrote:

Got the external account setup and confirmed........can't transfer funds from the external account into savings or checking though. 

If I remember right you have to confirm two small deposits into your external account before they will confirm the outside source.  Once that happens you can transfer from it to one of the NFCU accounts.

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked.  Looks like you can only transfer it to one of the credit accounts.  Strange.

Message 37 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Go set up the transfer from your other bank to navyfedera.
I transfer from chase checking to navy checking but initiate through chase.
Message 38 of 42
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

I was briefly able to transfer from external accounts in to my checking account and vice versa up until a few weeks ago, then suddenly the option was gone. Wish that would still work as it was a convenient way to transfer money between my various checking accounts.

Message 39 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I have only be able to to transfer from my checking (outside) to CC never to my share savings. I don't have a checking at NFCU yet so I can't speak for that.
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.