Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Under Review Message

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

NFCU Under Review Message

I setup my wifes grandparents to join NFCU today online. Her grandfather is retired Army. Anyway helped them set it up and got to the point of putting checking account info in for funding and it says the application is under review. Is this common when done online?

What will they ask for? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Under Review Message

Yes they do it with all new members.  Better they do it now and not a month later like they did to me and some others in the past

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 6
MrCredit
Established Contributor

How long does it take to hear back? Its been two days and have not heard anything. I called yesterday for them and they said it was pending still. Weird. I should of just had them call I guess.

Message 3 of 6
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

My new account took almost a week to open. After a couple of days, they asked for a copy of my DL, and it took a couple more days after sending that for them to open it.  Patience seems to be the key with their new accounts dept, but the benefits definitely outweigh the wait!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 4 of 6
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

this happened to me, about 4 days after i set up account, and it froze everything.  They required me to go into an actual branch 50 miles away from my home, to provide proper documents.  Its all worth it though, for the credit aspect of it

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 5 of 6
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Yeah day two and I got an email from their security department wanting the grandmothers drivers license copy. I emailed him the drivers license and military id. He approved everything while we were on the phone and gave the access ID. For the BSA (security department) he was a pretty nice guy. I have heard horror stories.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.