Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU = WOW

tag
heatblaze2010
New Contributor

NFCU = WOW

So last week I was happy that I got an invitation from BOFA and got approved for 1500 with a score of 625EQ(myfico) at the time but yesterday I was able to get in the NFCU so today I thought I would give it a shot and apply for a CC and sure enough approved for a 7k (615 score) limit my highest of all my cards. I was able to give creditone and orchard bank the boot and hapily go back into the garden. Only 2 days in and this credit union has made a difference in my life.

Cards as of now:

Bofa 1.5k

BBMC 600

Capital One 750

Capital one 750

NFCU 7k

Smiley Happy))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU = WOW

wow congrats!

Message 2 of 13
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Very very nice starting CL !  Welcome to the NFCU Family Smiley Happy

I should warn you however, they may spoil you for other lenders.........  not guaranteed, just a possible.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@heatblaze2010 wrote:

So last week I was happy that I got an invitation from BOFA and got approved for 1500 with a score of 625EQ(myfico) at the time but yesterday I was able to get in the NFCU so today I thought I would give it a shot and apply for a CC and sure enough approved for a 7k (615 score) limit my highest of all my cards. I was able to give creditone and orchard bank the boot and hapily go back into the garden. Only 2 days in and this credit union has made a difference in my life.

Cards as of now:

Bofa 1.5k

BBMC 600

Capital One 750

Capital one 750

NFCU 7k

Smiley Happy))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thats awesome!   My fiance is going to apply to NFCU after Amex and Chase that he's an AU on update to reflect 0 balances. 

Do you mind sharing your income and baddies? If not its ok!  I would love it if he were approved for a similar amount...

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 13
heatblaze2010
New Contributor

My income is 50k/year and all my badddies(collections) were from 2005 but since 2008 I have never been late on the low limit cc I have received as well as my car loan I had from 05-11 and my new one 2010-current. I was shocked to get the bofa card as well as this nfcu card

Message 5 of 13
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Contracts some of us are so lucky to be NFCU members
NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 6 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@heatblaze2010 wrote:

My income is 50k/year and all my badddies(collections) were from 2005 but since 2008 I have never been late on the low limit cc I have received as well as my car loan I had from 05-11 and my new one 2010-current. I was shocked to get the bofa card as well as this nfcu card

OK Smiley Happy  Thanks for sharing!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 13
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I just got my card with the same CL and I'm using it as my main card while rebuilding!  Love it.  And now I'm glad I didn't know NFCU were this nice when I was 19. Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 13
Erica1
Regular Contributor

The NFCU posts always make me jealous. I should stop clicking on them! No, but congratulations. What a wonderful feeling! Smiley Happy
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 9 of 13
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I would love to join NFCU no military affiance. Is thier any other way to join?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.