Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - When to ask for CLI?

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU - When to ask for CLI?

Youll be "softed" first and will  either be instantly approved, counter offered, or get the 5-7 day message..  If you get the 5-7 day message it means it has to be manually reviewed by underwriting and it will be a hard pull. 

Both CLi's ive requested have resulted in the 5-7 day message, I got  a hard pull and had to send in pay stubs, I was then approved for both increases by underwriting.  Im gonna wait till my credit is perfect before i app for another increase that way i can get one with just a soft pull and not have to waste a hard.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 29
LesWH
Established Contributor

@electra wrote:

You're welcome Les!  Smiley Happy  

So, did they do a HP or SP?

I'm scared to request it.  I still can't believe they gave me an unsecured card and even though my score is up 100-ish points since then (in only 2-ish months), I worry they will turn me down AND HP.   Working SO hard to try to get score up...don't want a ding for nothing.

Electra,

it was a SP with the online system.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 22 of 29
LesWH
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@electra wrote:

You're welcome Les!  Smiley Happy  

So, did they do a HP or SP?

I'm scared to request it.  I still can't believe they gave me an unsecured card and even though my score is up 100-ish points since then (in only 2-ish months), I worry they will turn me down AND HP.   Working SO hard to try to get score up...don't want a ding for nothing.

I think the only way to ensure that it's only a SP is to have your CRs frozen. When you app for a CLI online, the line above the submit button authorizes them to check your credit and doesn't distinguish between hard or soft. IMO, if it's only been 2 months, the likelihood is they're going to do a HP.

I've only had my Cash rewards Visa for 2 months and it was a SP.  Of course everyone's mileage may vary, but it was definitely a SP for me.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 23 of 29
konabill
Regular Contributor

After reading this thread I requested an increase and received this:

A condition exists which prevents the processing of your request. For
assistance, contact Navy Federal toll free 1-888-842-6328, or when overseas use
1-703-255-8837 for collect international calls.                                                   What the $#^@ does "a condition exists" mean ?  Time to call .

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 24 of 29
electra
Established Contributor

Konabill,

I don't know but please let us know what they say!  Do you have a freeze on your credit files maybe?

Message 25 of 29
adavis425
Established Contributor

@konabill wrote:

1-703-255-8837 for collect international calls.                                                   What the $#^@ does "a condition exists" mean ?  Time to call .

Not to worry. That just means there's some internal something going on (maybe system maintenance) which prevents the system from even considering your request. I got the same message when I attempted a cli. I went back about an hour later and tried again with success. I wouldn't worry.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 26 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@konabill wrote:

Not to worry. That just means there's some internal something going on (maybe system maintenance) which prevents the system from even considering your request. I got the same message when I attempted a cli. I went back about an hour later and tried again with success. I wouldn't worry.

+1  Also, sometimes when you click on "My Offers", it says "Your information is temporarily unavailable, please try again later."

Message 27 of 29
toptanti
New Visitor

So I just got off the phone from NFCU because I also receoved the "A condition exists..." 

They confirmed it was just an error with the system.. HOWEVER, they said all credit limit creases performed will be a hard pull. I had the rep check with a product manager and he confirmed that regardless of the instant approval or "3-5 day" message, every request results in a hard pull.

Maybe they are misinformed but it seems like if it's instant approval then it wouldn't be a HP. Thoughts?

Message 28 of 29
AkashV
Established Member

I got the same message that prevents you from being considered for an increase. I am sure it was a system error. I was approved for 4000 and 1000 for 2 of their cards and i wanted to see if they will increase the 1000 to match the 4000 but i got the error. Not sure if i will request it again now but i will wait in 6 months. just saying

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.