Frequent Contributor
watch44

Re: NFCU World MasterCard?

[ Edited ]

I think the highest MasterCard that NFCU offers in terms of benefits equivalent to the Visa Signature is the Platinum MasterCard. It adds the Extended Warranty Coverage and Purchase Assurance and Travel Assistance in addition to the MasterRental Insurance. But according to some people, the Platinum is a "basic" card, which I don't think is an accurate assessment of the card. I can kind of see where they're coming from since my CapitalOne Platinum has the same benefits, but that's kind of a different argument comparing it to another bank's product. 

Really the biggest downside for the Platinum is that it has FTF fees, so it may not be the best card for traveling. 

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}