cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU accepted me and immediately got a pre-approval offer....

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

NFCU accepted me and immediately got a pre-approval offer....

...and this was the response:

"Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a cashRewards Visa. Your credit line will be $17,500.00. Your APR will be prime plus 11.4. You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 business days."

WOW!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU accepted me and immediately got a pre-approval offer....

WOW Congrats!! They give out great CL's, treat it well and it will grow, they are still my highest CL's

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 27
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Wow. That's great! I don't see anything like that in my offers , lol

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 3 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Damn, nice limit, and right with the membership too. Feel free to pay my bills Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@seigex wrote:

...and this was the response:

"Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a cashRewards Visa. Your credit line will be $17,500.00. Your APR will be prime plus 11.4. You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 business days."

WOW!

Now that's how ALL credit card companies should work!  CONGRATULATIONS!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 27
ceejx
Established Contributor

Thank you all, I'm pretty excited about it, especially since I was declined for CSP because I don't have a 5k credit limit... I guess I beat that now! Smiley Happy This is going to be one of those 'make my file look good' cards, because I don't plan on trying to afford a $17.5k monthly payment Smiley Happy The 11.4% interest rate is my best so far too!

Message 6 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Awesome CL!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 27
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@seigex - did your offer say "preapproval" or "pre-selected?"

I just joined today as well and I do see a little tab here that says preselected.....

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 8 of 27
ceejx
Established Contributor

I went to my offers and there was a box that said "You have a pre-approved offer waiting for you..." or something to that effect... after I applied the box disappeared

Message 9 of 27
gettnthere
Established Contributor

wow thats an amazing CL!!!COngratsSmiley Happy do you mind sharing your income and your highest limit before getting the 17.5k. im gonna try and apply in the next couple months and my scores are almost an exact duplicate of yours, so i been trying to figure what my cl will be. you can include any other information you think was relevant to getting that high of a limit if you feel like it lol it would be greatly appreciatedSmiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.