Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU allows up to 80k on Flagship CC

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

NFCU allows up to 80k on Flagship CC

To all of those that dont believe me go long into your NFCU account and click credit limit increase and a screen will come up requesting more information and you will see in the requested limit part that you can request an 80k limit on the Flagship only. Just a reminder to fellow NFCU members!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU allows up to 80k on Flagship CC

Where do you see a place to click for a CLI?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to OTHER SERVICES then look under LENDING SERVICES and click on CREDIT CARD LIMIT INCREASE.

There used to be a link directly on my credit card page for requesting limit increase.  Not sure if they changed the whole site or I just lost the option to request on that page.

Message 3 of 12
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

it must ahve been there only briefly.  NFCU used to give out increass every six to twelve months but stoppeda few yearss ago.   I would not minda n increase but don't want the inquiry and these days they do one for just about anything.

I recently renewed a HELOC with them and it was quite an ordeal.  They continaully amended their requestd for documentation.  It was far worse than the original HELOC award and this fora guy with well over 800 on all three FICO scores who has been doing business with them since '86.

but they must have been ina good mood fora little while.  they upped my son's line to $5,000 from the origianl $1,000 and he isa college student. 

Message 4 of 12
cobra19
Valued Contributor

The link for requesting a credit card line increase is still there - I have never used, though. Opened my account with them in May '08. Got an automatic increase in November '08. And another in May '09. But nothing since. 

An 80k line on a cc would probably show up as an installment account. Already have 2 of them.  

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 12
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

It is not oon thhe account page----at least not for me.   When I finally found it thru a site search it told me they might run a hard inquiry. 

So try it if you wish just be awaare there might bea hard inquiry.

BTW if you are seeing it elsewhere perhaps it is only shown to certain customers----perhaps those eligible for a CLI.

Message 6 of 12
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I don't know if this is what txjohn was referring to or not but from time to time a series of links, including a credit limit increase link shows up when I view my credit card information. It appears on the right hand side about even with the top of the box containing the credit card information. It will be there one day and then the next it will be gone and some ad will be there. It didn't show up until I'd had my card for about 3 months. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a sign from heaven indicating I was eligible for and increase so I hit it. Got a $2500 increase but resulted in a hard pull which I was happy with.

Did see that you could request up to $80,000 on the link even though on the initial application page it lists limits up to $50,000.
Message Edited by hemi961 on 02-01-2010 07:38 PM
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hemi961 wrote:
I don't know if this is what txjohn was referring to or not but from time to time a series of links, including a credit limit increase link shows up when I view my credit card information. It appears on the right hand side about even with the top of the box containing the credit card information. It will be there one day and then the next it will be gone and some ad will be there. It didn't show up until I'd had my card for about 3 months. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a sign from heaven indicating I was eligible for and increase so I hit it. Got a $2500 increase but resulted in a hard pull which I was happy with.

Did see that you could request up to $80,000 on the link even though on the initial application page it lists limits up to $50,000.
Message Edited by hemi961 on 02-01-2010 07:38 PM

Yes, that is what I was referring to.  There usually were several links, including transaction disputes.  It was almost always present on my credit card summary information page....but as of late it has an ad in that upper right position....and there is a 3.9% BT ad directly above my summary and balance info on the upper left.

I have never hit the increase button, figured I'd wait a year from open....and I did open a second card in November to replace Chase and some of my builder cards.  If I do anything, it will probably be ask for increase on my newest card since it is a lower CL....and then combine a month or two later.  I'd like to get a couple of my cards at/above the $35k so that they don't factor into util.  I'm only considering this with NFCU and USAA, because I am more confident in those two CCC's not randomly lowering my high CL down the road if I keep a good history, CR and FICO.

Message Edited by txjohn on 02-02-2010 06:32 AM
Message 8 of 12
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

That may be it. Perhaps it is cycling ona nd off and i simply hit it at the wrong times.  
Message 9 of 12
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

I still don't see it. I either get an ad or the corner is blank.  No LUV for me I guess.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.