Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and Ch 13?

tag
wineman
Established Member

NFCU and Ch 13?

So, I have perfectly completed 29/46 payments on a Ch 13 due to a small business failure.  I am paying a mortgage outside of the plan and have never been late since I got the loan in 2003.  Since the BK, I have gotten a HSBC (now Cap1) unsecured card with $750 CL and always PIF (opened 10/2011) and a "credit builder" secured loan from my credit union for $1,000.  

My sister is a member of NFCU and after reading all the wonderful comments in this forum, I decided to join there and apply for a Cash Rewrds card from them.  I got the 3-5 day message then today I got a message asking for proof of discharge of the BK.  I called the number and told them that I am still in the BK plan and he told me that that was all the information they needed and that I should get a reply in 1 day or so.  What do you think, do I have a chance?  If they decline the Cash Rewards application, will they counter with a secured card offer or will I have to make a new application and take another HP?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU and Ch 13?

I dont think they would ask for proof of disharge and turn around and deny you. I think your in. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@aloush11 wrote:

I dont think they would ask for proof of disharge and turn around and deny you. I think your in. Good luck!

But OP is not discharged!  But to OP the person you spoke to doesn't really sound like they knew or understood how ch 13 works and believe me I was SHOCKED with how many Credit Analysts with all these different banks didn't know and much would slide past.

If Im not mistake (I had very little issue of this ever) but part of Ch 13 is you are not suppose to go after new debt and you are not suppose to be able to open new debt even if you try... So sit back and wait and see!

Now on the question of secured, Good chance they will still HP no matter what... Only downside to Navy, they don't share INQ and they always want a new one!! oh well though, not like you need to worry about them much since you are still in the BK... 

Message 3 of 4
aloush11
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@aloush11 wrote:

But OP is not discharged!  But to OP the person you spoke to doesn't really sound like they knew or understood how ch 13 works and believe me I was SHOCKED with how many Credit Analysts with all these different banks didn't know and much would slide past.

If Im not mistake (I had very little issue of this ever) but part of Ch 13 is you are not suppose to go after new debt and you are not suppose to be able to open new debt even if you try... So sit back and wait and see!

Now on the question of secured, Good chance they will still HP no matter what... Only downside to Navy, they don't share INQ and they always want a new one!! oh well though, not like you need to worry about them much since you are still in the BK... 

Sorry, I miss read the OP

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.