Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approval!!! *faints*

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

NFCU approval!!! *faints*

Woke up this morning to the following message:

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Signature cashRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $5,000.00. I applied yesterday morning and it took less than 24 hours for approval. I am ecstatic!!!! This is THE CARD I had dreamed of having. With my USAA Mastercard this completes the two major credit card requirement I gave myself.  Now, I really would like a Macys or Nordstrom or some type of major department store card to add to my growing credit card slots in my wallet but honestly I am so happy I am almost numb.

For those who really don't think it can be done. Let me tell you, it is possible to achieve your goals if you are diligent and really work at being responsible and understanding how the scoring works. Three months ago, my wallet was empty and my scores were in the toilet. Now I am right at the cusp of the 7s and hope to be in the 8's by this time next year. I hope this helps and encourages someone out there the way the forums have helped me. Thank you, thank you, thank you myfico family!

I do plan on loving on my NFCU Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU approval!!! *faints*

CONGRATS!  Sort of what I figured but much faster than I expected, awesome CU and TL !  

Welcome to NFCU! 

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 10
vngouiowa
Valued Member

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Signature cashRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $5,000.00. I applied yesterday morning and it took less than 24 hours for approval. I am ecstatic!!!! This is THE CARD I had dreamed of having. With my USAA Mastercard this completes the two major credit card requirement I gave myself.  Now, I really would like a Macys or Nordstrom or some type of major department store card to add to my growing credit card slots in my wallet but honestly I am so happy I am almost numb.

For those who really don't think it can be done. Let me tell you, it is possible to achieve your goals if you are diligent and really work at being responsible and understanding how the scoring works. Three months ago, my wallet was empty and my scores were in the toilet. Now I am right at the cusp of the 7s and hope to be in the 8's by this time next year. I hope this helps and encourages someone out there the way the forums have helped me. Thank you, thank you, thank you myfico family!

Congrats ! Big jump Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

@Ryvison YOU were totally on the money with this one. Not sure how you knew but you were so very right!

Do you think I need to apply for anything else with them right now? I see a lot of people also get a line of credit too when they go for the CC. I mean I am ridiculously happy regardless, but the freeze goes on in less than 24 hours for the credit reports. What do you think??

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!

Message 5 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

Awesome CL!! well on your way to bigger CL's!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Ryvison YOU were totally on the money with this one. Not sure how you knew but you were so very right!

Do you think I need to apply for anything else with them right now? I see a lot of people also get a line of credit too when they go for the CC. I mean I am ridiculously happy regardless, but the freeze goes on in less than 24 hours for the credit reports. What do you think??

Sorry I'm late getting back to you about that, I was pulled away from the comp with MyFico running (that happens a lot).  I read elsewhere you went for the LOC at 2k, I'm sure you got it if not you most likely will, considering how much you sent into them. 

Is there something else you really needed from them?  Like auto loan or refi?  After the joint Plat at 15k and individual CashKermit at 3k I didn't apply for anything else myself.  The pre-approval for an auto loan showed up for me on screen and came in the mail the other day but don't need it.

Remember, whatever else you ask for from them, will likely end up in more pulls.  Only request what you think you need above the LOC and CC.  Take care of NFCU and they'll grow with you.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 10
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

@ryvision thank you so much! Advice will be heeded Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Very nice....congrats!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.