Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approved 25k.....but....

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

NFCU approved 25k.....but....

Are they going to request income verification? I'm self employed so I hope not!
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU approved 25k.....but....

If you are a new member and ESP if you are self-employed probably.
Message 2 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

On the application I did not indicate self employed, I put employed and my biz name?
Message 3 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

I can prove it all with bank statements, and cancled checks, just I don't have YTD paystubs
Message 4 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Since you don't have pay stubs, they will ask for tax returns. Your income matches, correct?
Message 5 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

What my "real" income is can be supported with bank statements, my 1099's and tax forms have a lot of deductions bringing my net income down.... If they were gonna request income verification don't you think they would be doing that prior to sending the cards out?
Message 6 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The income disparity is the reason why self employment vs employed may come into play. Hopefully you will be fine but I would caution any future apps with NFCU until you can document your 'real' income.

If and when they ask, they can be just as quick to freeze accounts as they are generous with CL's.
Message 7 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Okay, yea thanks for the information... I'm going to handle my account well, nothing crazy, manage the line well... They did ask for the income verification on the auto loan refi? Do you think me not following thru with the refi is going to be a "red flag" to them and there gonna ask for income verification?
Message 8 of 60
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

You should be okay for now as long as you don't ask for cli or any new lines of credit. I was originally approved for 25k cc and was fine until I asked for a cli one month later. They asked me for income verification. I provided it and they obliged my cli request.
Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 9 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Idk - they seem to change their policies. My concern is your account was just established and the high CL issued. Assuming, they won't want a second look at your membership-I would call tomorrow and ask regarding the refi -whether or not it resulted in an additional inquiry.
Hopefully, you'll be able to feel out what they are going to need.
Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.