cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU called my employer for verification....I assume this means approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU called my employer for verification....I assume this means approval?

I app'ed and was approved NFCU cash rewards Visa.  When I called in to ask what my CL was (was $25k), the loan dept CSR convinced me to go ahead and apply for NavCheck (yeah, I was weak at the moment) so I did.  App went in for $15k.  Online status shows application "Review in Process" which is the same thing my Visa said originally. 

NFCU called my work to verify my employment, income, hire date and position on Friday.

I would assume that this means approval?  For my cash reward Visa, they asked for pay stubs, then next day got approval.

Has anyone had NFCU ask for verifications and then not approve?  Seems that if they didn't like the app, why bother with the verification of info?

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-10-2009 08:38 AM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU called my employer for verification....I assume this means approval?

If you dont mind me asking, What amount of income was stated on app?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you dont mind me asking, What amount of income was stated on app?

six figure
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds to me,if they took the process to the point of job verification it's a go. Calling your place of employment to verify you have the means to repay them. Another way to think about this is they are looking out for you as well as themselves. You had just applied for and received a HL visa,and now you are applying for a check. Maybe they were making sure no ID fraud was involved. Congrats!!Smiley Happy

5/09

EX....???

EQ....714

TU.....725

FICO

Message Edited by Creditfreeze on 05-10-2009 11:56 AM
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was figuring....if my app and income didn't work, why take the time to call employment.  Anyway, I guess I'll know something on Monday.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has a $20K visa, a $20K MC and a $15K Navchek with NFCU. She doesn't make more than $12K a year as a student. Navy will give credit to anybody.
Message 6 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Txjohn,  What cra did they pull for NFCU.  I have been thinking of going for my second cc.  Good luck on yours, but it looks like you are a shoe in.  Dont see how you can lose with your great credit.
Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 05-10-2009 05:21 PM
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ only.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife has a $20K visa, a $20K MC and a $15K Navchek with NFCU. She doesn't make more than $12K a year as a student. Navy will give credit to anybody.

Then I guess "membership has its priviledges?"  Smiley Tongue

Does she use her NFCU credit much to keep it active?  Were those initial CL's she got, or did the CLI since original CL?

I'm curious if she and you bank with them, keep deposit savings/cd's, etc. with them, or just credit?  Wondering if that made any difference?  What about insurance products?

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-10-2009 05:59 PM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.