Did you mean: 

NFCU card holders .. BT offer

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU card holders .. BT offer

@BornSupercharged wrote:

@BornSupercharged wrote:

For what its worth, my wife is a primary on a card (I'm not on it) and I have a card where I'm the primary but my wife is joint.

My wife received the balance transfer email and completed transfers on both cards (where she's primary + where she's joint). To clarify, she was logged into her NFCU account and completed both balance transfers - we never used my name. The balance transfer even shows up under her card's last 4 digits, not mine, so it was processed under her not me. Today I saw a interest charge on the card where I am the primary, and called into NFCU to see what was going on.

They said my wife's email ONLY pertained to the card she's the primary on, yet the email nor the website mentioned anything specific about a single card. In other words, nowhere did it say "Valid for card ending in xxxx" or "Valid for your Go Rewards card". It simply says, 12 mo 0% interest, no balance transfer fee. They passed the details onto some internal department and told me it will be 2-3 business days, and to check back in the middle of next week to see if they applied the offer to the card where she's joint.

I hope they will apply it, as the verbiage was not clear regarding the offer being limited to any specific card or that it was an offer valid only if you're the primary cardholder, and accounts where you're joint are ineligible. Let this serve as a warning to others who may have more than one card, that just because you get the email doesn't mean it applies to ALL of the cards you may have (or be joint on). If you got the offer, its probably in your best interest to avoid the headache and call in, and figure out which card specifically is eligible for the offer.

I'm extremely happy to report that it appears NFCU has already taken care of the issue. I logged into my account online and see they refunded the interest charged against my account & adjusted the balance transfer balance to reflect my last payment. I was seriously concerned it would be a battle to get the 0% for 12 mo on the card where I'm primary and my wife is joint, so I'm very relieved they took care of us. 

This is great to hear... I'm glad they took care of things!

Thanks for sharing with us!  Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 42
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU card holders .. BT offer

Might actually use it on my cash rewards card .. have until the 31st .. might do it today

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.