Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cash rewards offer

tag
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

NFCU cash rewards offer

So i've been a member of nfcu for a couple months, was approved then for nreward $500 limit unsecured. I was denied for the overdraft loc and I think an auto refinance. Ive gardened for about a month and scores went up about 20pts(fako) & today I got my first ever pre approval offer. I think? Nfcu sent me a letter for their cash reward, with an approval code. So I applied online, and got the processing message(as I did with the nrewards & was approved). Just wondering, is nfcu usually pretty...honorable with their preapprovals? I know nothing is guaranteed, but has anyone experienced their preapprovaks and what was the outcome? My fako scores WERE in 560's, now around 590's(so I guess closer to 30 pts increase in a month) sorry for the long post!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU cash rewards offer

I recieved a preapproval offer last month for the cash rewards. It was a balance transfer offer i accepted and recieved a text message 24hrs later congratulating my approval.

Message 2 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I would say yes; they are honarable with pre approvals.
I had a pre selected offer banner online; I decided to do it and got a 22k limit
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 10
rm3
Regular Contributor

are preapprovals a soft/hard pull with NFCU?

Message 4 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Pre approvals are soft. If you apply it ends up being a hard pull. You can call and ask csr if they see any offers for you. Apparantly they can see what you are pre approved for when you call.
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 10
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, totally.forgot to add that my balance right now on my nrewards is $239 over my limit (problem with my Wells fargo acct that completely screwed me, so I closed it but have made 3 payments to my nrewards this month) so im wondering if thats going to affect the approval? The date the preapproval letter was sent was definitely after I went over my limit, so I dont know how that will affect me.
Message 6 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

What's your limit on nrewards card?
FICO 9:

Message 7 of 10
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

$500
Message 8 of 10
rm3
Regular Contributor

Does the preapproval appear under Offers online or do they send you a message?

Message 9 of 10
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

It was an offer I received in the mail.

they denied me today for the cash rewards Smiley Sad several reason : too many recent inq's, balances too high, BK, blah blah blah.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.