Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cash rewards or platinum?

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU cash rewards or platinum?

@Yet2b wrote:

When I originally applied, I was granted a $35K CL, on the Cash Rewards Visa with NFCU.  I also had a Flagship.  I later combined the CL of the Flagship, with the Cash Rewards for a total CL of $45K on the Cash Rewards Visa.  It is my only credit card with Navy Fed.  I have a $15K LOC and an auto loan too, with NFCU.

Wow, so how long have you been with them and what year did you originally open the Flagship?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 31 of 37
CS800
Super Contributor

Wow that's a great CL at $35K

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

35k wow that is impressive! 

Message 33 of 37
Yet2b
Established Member

Originally opened Flagship Dec-11.  Cash rewards in Feb-12.  Just combined them May 1st.  Navy Fed is awesome to deal with.  My Fico's now are in the 760's and income is north of $120K.  So that helps ...  I thought too a $35K startking CL was impressive.  

Any one know, what the MAX allowed CL is for the NFCU Cash Rewards?  I searched but found nothing.  

Yet2b

TARGET: 800

2/5/12: EQ: 749, TU: 739
Message 34 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Yet2b wrote:

Originally opened Flagship Dec-11.  Cash rewards in Feb-12.  Just combined them May 1st.  Navy Fed is awesome to deal with.  My Fico's now are in the 760's and income is north of $120K.  So that helps ...  I thought too a $35K startking CL was impressive.  

Any one know, what the MAX allowed CL is for the NFCU Cash Rewards?  I searched but found nothing.  

Yet2b

I think it actually goes up to 50k on the cashRewards and 80k on the Flagship...  The income helps, I'm hoping that I get to look at a CL that large one day... My income is at 121 gross, but I'm staring at two mortgages, a truck note, and a student loan every month  Smiley Wink  I should be done with those in about 3 yrs.  Luckily my fiance has no debt whatsoever,  eventually when his scores get up there he'll be able to share the load without us paying a crazy amount of interest because of his scores.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 35 of 37
CS800
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@Yet2b wrote:

Yet2b

I think it actually goes up to 50k on the cashRewards and 80k on the Flagship...  The income helps, I'm hoping that I get to look at a CL that large one day... My income is at 121 gross, but I'm staring at two mortgages, a truck note, and a student loan every month  Smiley Wink  I should be done with those in about 3 yrs.  Luckily my fiance has no debt whatsoever,  eventually when his scores get up there he'll be able to share the load without us paying a crazy amount of interest because of his scores.

You're right, the Casr Reward tops at 50K and the flagship at 80. The CSR confirmed it. Our incomes are similar.

I thought my $28K CL was impressive hah

My mortgage however is high so in a way they based my CL on that too since they asked for it.

Message 36 of 37
Yet2b
Established Member

Debt to income is 31%.  Mortgage is relatively modest considering other mortgage obligations I have heard of with regards to payment.  Two auto loans - one with NFCU and one with Sun Trust.  Well, I was surprised too, by NFCU's initial credit limit on the cash rewards card.  I use it, and PIF each mionth.  I RARELY carry a balance from month to month.  In the event I do, it is never beyond two billing cycles.

Wonder if I should have kept the Flagship and moved the cash rewards to that one since the MAX limit on that one is $80K?  Who needs $80K CL?

Yet2b

TARGET: 800

2/5/12: EQ: 749, TU: 739
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.