Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cash rewards recon success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU cash rewards recon success

I was denied both visas last week.....I read up and figured it was due to  not having direct deposit. My company just doesnt offer it. So I messaged them asking that they reconsider. They asked for my paystubs so I faxed them and go this message:

Navy Federal Response 10/13/2010 :  Thank you for your reply. We have received the information that you sent by fax. Your request has been approved for a cashRewards Visa with a $1000 credit limit. You should receive your card(s) by mail within seven to ten business days. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Not a high limit but I am plan to SD my other cards and only use this one for 100 in gas every month and PIF. I love NFCU!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU cash rewards recon success

Great recon job! Congrats.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

NICE!!!! Congrats!!!

I wish I could get in with Navy...

Message 3 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

OP-That's great news!  Congrats!!

MyFicoAddict -if you missed the boat on the USA Fed merger, then I hope you'll get in on the next opportunity that crops up.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 11
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was denied both visas last week.....I read up and figured it was due to  not having direct deposit. My company just doesnt offer it. So I messaged them asking that they reconsider. They asked for my paystubs so I faxed them and go this message:

Navy Federal Response 10/13/2010 :  Thank you for your reply. We have received the information that you sent by fax. Your request has been approved for a cashRewards Visa with a $1000 credit limit. You should receive your card(s) by mail within seven to ten business days. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Not a high limit but I am plan to SD my other cards and only use this one for 100 in gas every month and PIF. I love NFCU!!! Smiley Happy

Congrats. Effort rewarded is always a great feeling....

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You are clever!   Good for you!!   Your CL can be increase ...

Message 6 of 11
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Messaged them???  Where did you find the address???

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:

Messaged them???  Where did you find the address???

You can send them a secure message when you log into your account. If you applied for the card through the website (instead of on the phone) it should be under your account so you can send a message directly RE: that application.

Message 8 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats.

Message 9 of 11
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

SOO Excited!!!  I applied at the time of opening account and they denied me "due to bankruptcy".  After reading this post I messaged them (already said no right) and explained past issues and expressed how much I wanted to build a long relationship with them.  I also explained that my direct deposit was not yet active but was in process.  I also attached my most recent paystub....for their convienence if they wanted to see it.  I log-in today to see if they replied and a Visa Platinum account is now listed and showing $1500.00 credit limit!!!   YEA...thank you!!!!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.