Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cashRewards: Incredible Feature!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

NFCU cashRewards: Incredible Feature!

So here is the scoop,  got my NFCU cashRewards Visa in March, while doing an auto refi, was pre-approved for the card, was granted a 22k CL.

After the issue with Chase closing, then reopening my Amazon.com Visa account, I transferred the balance to NFCU with NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEES, also had a septic repair emergency, charged the expenses totalling about $4200 to the cashRewards card.  Should be able to pay that all off next month or maybe the following month. Our incomes are pretty good right now and expenses are fairly low.

I filled out and sent in the application for starting a shareSavings account for my 11 yr old daughter last weekend.

I checked today, and realized that my reward balance was 52.30, which I could redeem for cash since the minimum redeemable amount is $20, 

I clicked on Redeem Rewards, and an option was available to transfer those rewards to her new ShareSavings account...    I didn't even know they had activated her account yet!!!  Plus its awesome that I can deposit some funds into her account this way... So now, her account balance in shareSavings is going to grow every time I use my CC.  Also I was able to view her account online, after I clicked View all accounts.  

I love this feature!!  I posted a little while ago about doing a PC on my NFCU card, simply because I'm hating the green... Now that the green = cash for my daughters savings, I love the green!  lmao

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.