Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cc app, no instant decision?

tag
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU cc app, no instant decision?

Mine was instant too, but also important to note -- I had a checkings/savings with them for almost two years (don't use), and I think I applied while logged onto my online account.  I'm sure it will be fine - sounds like it really varies.

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

When applying online I have never had what I would call "instant" approvals, but after 15 minutes or so I'd log back in and see where it was approved.

Calling in and applying has always resulted in instant approvals for me, but it wouldn't showed approved under the online application status for at least two days.

Strange.

Message 12 of 69
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Navy is one of the few banks/CUs I've seen that give instant approvals at $25k to people.  That just amazes me.  I've had a few $20k instants over the years, but that's as high as I've ever gotten. 

OP, good luck with your app! 

Message 13 of 69
NeedinHelp42
New Contributor

I did an app yesterday for the Cash Rewards.  Had just opened a checking and savings account a couple hours earlier and knowing I was going to apply for an NFCU credit card in short order anyway, was hoping to avoid a double hit.  Rep informed me that they do TU for the checking and EQ for the cards now, but I went ahead and did it anyway.  She took all the necessary information from me and then said, "your application has been accepted.  Just wait for an email or check back on the website for a message when you log into your account and it will tell you if you got the card."  In retrospect, I probably should have asked what "my application has been accepted" meant.  Was that an approval and I'm waiting on details, or was that simply saying I am who I am with a legit ss# etc?  

So yes, it's been less than 24 hours and I'm reduced to loggin into the NFCU website every few hours to see if I've gotten a decision because I am freakin impatient. Smiley Wink

Right now I've got a handful of rebuilder cards, and beyond my $3k Dell account, my biggest credit lines are all $500-$750. I've rebuilt from mid 500s last year to 660s across the board as of this month.  After reading all the positive success stories on here regarding NFCU, I thought I would go ahead and take a shot to see if I could actually get a substantial credit line.  Now I'm just doing the being impatient thing.  Argh!   

Message 14 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

You already received your online login info? I talked to them on the phone and they said there's no way for me to set up online access until I get the letter in the mail, so I've been having to call their automated phone system to check on the app status.

Message 15 of 69
NeedinHelp42
New Contributor

My wife's brother is active Navy, and she actually opened a savings account there about a year ago-its had all of $20 in it since that time.  We just wanted to make sure we could get into NFCU, knowing we'd be home hunting here in the next few years.  I was an authorized or added user, or whatever they call it, on that account, so I had online access to an account, and therefore an access code.  So the CSR literally set it up and told me to log in, and it was there.

Message 16 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering what experience people have had recently applying for credit cards from NFCU? I just applied over the phone (since my online account isn't set up yet), and they told me to call back within 1 business day to ask. So it wasn't an instant approval, or an instant denial - I'm trying to decide if I should be bracing for a denial or not. I really don't like not getting instant responses, since I end up having to nervously wait until they give me an answer.

@NeedinHelp42 wrote:

I did an app yesterday for the Cash Rewards.  Had just opened a checking and savings account a couple hours earlier and knowing I was going to apply for an NFCU credit card in short order anyway, was hoping to avoid a double hit.  Rep informed me that they do TU for the checking and EQ for the cards now, but I went ahead and did it anyway.  She took all the necessary information from me and then said, "your application has been accepted.  Just wait for an email or check back on the website for a message when you log into your account and it will tell you if you got the card." 

So yes, it's been less than 24 hours and I'm reduced to loggin into the NFCU website every few hours to see if I've gotten a decision because I am freakin impatient. Smiley Wink

@NeedinHelp42 wrote:

My wife's brother is active Navy, and she actually opened a savings account there about a year ago-its had all of $20 in it since that time.  We just wanted to make sure we could get into NFCU, knowing we'd be home hunting here in the next few years.  I was an authorized or added user, or whatever they call it, on that account, so I had online access to an account, and therefore an access code.  So the CSR literally set it up and told me to log in, and it was there.

@Anonymous wrote:

You already received your online login info? I talked to them on the phone and they said there's no way for me to set up online access until I get the letter in the mail, so I've been having to call their automated phone system to check on the app status.

Andy ...

NeedinHelp's DW has opend saving acct a yr a go ... which is has online acct access.

Message 17 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have both a Savings and Checking account with them now, but they told me that to get online access to the accounts, I have to wait on a letter in the mail that has the activation instructions. The online signup option just sends out that same letter. She said it'll be within 5 days, so it shouldn't be that bad of a wait. I was just hoping I could sign up faster since I'd rather do things online than over the phone.

Message 18 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I have both a Savings and Checking account with them now, but they told me that to get online access to the accounts, I have to wait on a letter in the mail that has the activation instructions. The online signup option just sends out that same letter. She said it'll be within 5 days, so it shouldn't be that bad of a wait. I was just hoping I could sign up faster since I'd rather do things online than over the phone.

Sorry ... I  kind of messed up my reply.

Remember, when they tell you how many days mean is ONLY count business days, does not count the weekends.

Your app was on Wednesday ~ I assume you will have a letter in the mail by the end of this month ... may be on the 28th or 29th or 30th.

Andy which state do you live?    Most of the lettesr are coming from East coast ... VA ...  if I am not wrong.

Message 19 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, it's always business days. They told my wife the same about getting her initial welcome letter and it arrived in 2 business days (signed up Thursday night, arrived on Monday). I'm not that concerned about the online access, I know I'll get it when I get the letter in the mail. I'd just feel better refreshing and checking an online form instead of calling the automated phone system. The fact that it's been over 24 hours and it's giving me the same 24h message (or just goes completely mute and says nothing every couple of tries) just gives me a bad feeling I'll have to recon. Guess we'll see. I don't even know if they have a recon number or if I'll have to mail a letter.

Message 20 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.