cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU counter offer

tag
Torii

NFCU counter offer

I am trying to help a friend rebuild his credit. I have talked him into using his NFCU relationship to apply for a visa. So I have a question, if I talk him into applying for the NFCU Flagship Visa Signature and he doesn't get approved, will NFCU counter offer another card like the nRewards or goRewards or do you have to recon or apply again? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU counter offer

They will counter with a card suitable to your credit profile.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

The flagship signature card gets approve with minimun 5K limit

Message 3 of 8
HelpMe----
Valued Member

My experience goes like this, I usually hold back on applying for credit cards, so when i do apply i apply for those that i am 90% sure i will get, I applied for the platinum card and got approved for 5k.....well I applied on a saturday, got a call monday asking if I would prefer a rewards cc or was a low interest my goal, I said that i applied because I didn't want a decline letter, she let me know that i was approved for cashReward, 25k so I went for it. Later found out that it was also a SIGNATURE VISA!!!! 

Awesome(platinum apr was 7.9, the visa signature cashReward cc is 9.9 so no really a big difference). 

So I would just apply for any cc and they will guide you to which is best for you.

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 8
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

You could apply for the nRewards or Cash rewards and see what the limit is. Then ask for a product change to the Flagship if the limit is at least $5K. I've seen people go that route instead.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 8
Torii

Thanks Cash - that's actually the route that I did a few years ago. I am trying to see what I can do to help him. It's a friend of mine that just got out of the USMC and all of his deployments wrecked his credit. 

Message 6 of 8
CycleNKY

I applied for the Signature 1 month out of BK13. They countered with $500 go rewards. I will live with that and prove myself worthy. They did approve me for a 32k auto loan at 2.79% though Smiley Happy. NFCU is awesome, very easy and nice too talk with also.
Message 7 of 8
Torii

@CycleNKY wrote:
I applied for the Signature 1 month out of BK13. They countered with $500 go rewards. I will live with that and prove myself worthy. They did approve me for a 32k auto loan at 2.79% though Smiley Happy. NFCU is awesome, very easy and nice too talk with also.

100% NFCU saved my bacon while I was deployed in 2006. My bank at the time went belly up and the FDIC shut it down. I had no way to open a new account from a combat zone. I called NFCU explained what happened and the did all the work for me and even sent me out a new check book (remember those) and visa card. They won me over that day. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.