Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit card application - waiting and waiting and waiting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU credit card application - waiting and waiting and waiting

@Anonymous wrote:

I think theyre just slow as a general rule. My ncash Visa took 5 days to approve, and my mortgage app is on its 7th day still in underwriting (at least its in underwroting!). When I qualified for FHA it took 36 hours.

I think it depends on the individual.  I have never had anything but instant approvals from NFCU.  Where there was lag time, however, is having their verbal approval reflected in the online application status.

Message 11 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think theyre just slow as a general rule. My ncash Visa took 5 days to approve, and my mortgage app is on its 7th day still in underwriting (at least its in underwroting!). When I qualified for FHA it took 36 hours.

I think it depends on the individual.  I have never had anything but instant approvals from NFCU.  Where there was lag time, however, is having their verbal approval reflected in the online application status.

Agreed...only instant or <12 hrs for approval here, they're probably more busy at certaiin times than others, for eg. the 0/0 current bt offer has likely generated some additional app. activity. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

It is only a 500 dollar cl but I am PSYCHED to have a foot in the door with a real, prime institution!  I finally called in on Sunday afternoon and the automated system reported my approval and I had to get a customer service rep to find out the cl - but it still isn't updated on the website, weird.

Thanks everyone for your responses.  

Can anyone advise the best way to use the card in order to get cli as soon as possible?  My plan is to use it as a grocery or gas card and then pay it off before the statement cuts.  Should I pif or should I leave 1-10% util?  I've never understood this part!

Message 13 of 14
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Congratulations!!!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.