cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit card dilema

tag
RikkiTiki

NFCU credit card dilema

Ok, so was able to get a NFCU account in August and I applied in the end of September when my EQ score went up to 632. About a week after applying I got a letter stating I needed to provide more documentation...D/L, Social Security card, etc. Took me a while to get it to them since I realized I didn't have my card and had to apply for a new one....anyhoo.  Faxed all documents last Friday....still no word..AND since the original request for a credit card, my score has gone up 12 more points sooooo...the dilema is this....

Should I hold out on what comes back with the original pull OR reapply online so it will pull my new score????

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU credit card dilema

You have a pending application (maybe). Leave it alone and wait to see what happens.
Message 2 of 4
RikkiTiki

UPDATE:

This is the moat ridiculous thing I've ever heard...

Before I received my SS card in the mail I faxed the letter that stated that I had applied for a duplicate card to NFCU. They said they could not take the letter without a stamp from the SS office. So at that point I figured I would just wait until I got the card in the mail, which I did and faxed to them...

NOW, a week later I call to find out what is going on and they tell me I still need the letter from social security with a stamp...hello??? I have the social security card in hand, why do I need a letter with a stamp saying I applied for it?

This is crazy!!!!!

Message 3 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You started the process moving down a path and now you have changed gears wish to go down another. Should be a simple matter to call them with SS card in hand and resolve the matter. Get someone's name, fax the card to their attention and follow up with a separate phone call after it is sent. Faxing information to entities blindly, particularly when it is not the information they are expecting, is never a good idea. Good luck!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.