New Visitor
BlueFlames

NFCU credit card holders.. advice needed

Hey guys. First off I just wanted to say this board is awesome. I've been doing a lot of reading and have learned so much.

I was just recently approved for the visa nrewards card ( woo hoo!) with a 2k limit. Would it hurt if I called in asking for a CLI? I dont want to look greedy or overstep any boundaries but I would like to see if I can get one.

Also should I apply for the nrewards mastercard as well?  I've read success stories of people being approved for a visa then immediately applying for a mastercard and being approved for that as well.

Thanks for your input.

Frequent Contributor
BobbyJ

Re: NFCU credit card holders.. advice needed

Hello,

I was approved in 5/2008 for both the Plat MC & nRewards Visa on the same day with $4K each.  Also got the Navcheck LOC for $2500 on the same day.

Good Luck!!

Fico Scores: EQ 667 (8/10/14) EX 661 (6/28/14) TU 640 (6/6/14)
New Cards after BK DC: C1 Quicksilver Plat MC $4000 (2/2014)
Survived BK Filing: Fort Knox CU Plat Visa $5000 / Lowes $7000 / HSN Card $3000 / Walmart Card $2000 / Macys $800 / Target Red Card $500 / Fingerhut $600
Regular Contributor
mekmek86

Re: NFCU credit card holders.. advice needed

personally I would wait a bit, especially if you have some debt already. banks and CUs just seem really conservative with the way the econ's been

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+