Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit card

tag
heatherbee
Valued Member

NFCU credit card

So I applied for a credit card from nfcu on 9 Sep, has been saying the status is review in process for 6 days after it said 3-5 days when I applied.  I called today to check the status and see if any information needed to be verified, the rep lady just said that I should check back later today or tomorrow.  Any one else have to wait this long?  I just don't want them to say no Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU credit card

I had to wait a least a full week and was approved.
Message 2 of 10
heatherbee
Valued Member

I found out today that I did get approved though, so all's well that ends well.
Message 3 of 10
Established Contributor

Congratulations!
Message 4 of 10
jackg
Established Contributor

I just spoke to rep today about the new cash rewards card interest rate and he said it's purely dependant on your FICO score. 700+ = prime plus 8%    800+= prime plus 7%. No ann. fee. My EQ FICO is at 782 today so I'm on the fence as whether or not to do it. I'm looking for a $25K CL.
Message Edited by jackg on 09-16-2009 12:44 PM
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 10
Established Contributor

@jackg wrote:
I just spoke to rep today about the new cash rewards card interest rate and he said it's purely dependant on your FICO score. 700+ = prime plus 8%    800+= prime plus 7%. No ann. fee. My EQ FICO is at 782 today so I'm on the fence as whether or not to do it. I'm looking for a $25K CL.
Message Edited by jackg on 09-16-2009 12:44 PM

jackg,

Thanks for the information!

This will be my next card to apply for in early 2010. I have a EQ FICO of 784 and currently have the Platinum MC at 7.9%, 25k credit line. Like you, I know I can get another card now...just not sure how high a CL they will approve.

Clearly, one will not know the approved CL until one applies. Nevertheless, best of luck if you do!

When I do apply I willl post the results.

Message 6 of 10
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Their CL are purely based on income as per their CS dept.  When I applied for a loan, I had a real talkative CSR who informed me that they dont like to give or extend credit more than 1 year of that person's salary.  Not sure if this is correct for all of their products (obviously not mortgages).

just a tid bit of info i picked up on the way to a new car a few months ago 

Message 7 of 10
Established Contributor

@Lyythine wrote:

Their CL are purely based on income as per their CS dept.  When I applied for a loan, I had a real talkative CSR who informed me that they dont like to give or extend credit more than 1 year of that person's salary.  Not sure if this is correct for all of their products (obviously not mortgages).

just a tid bit of info i picked up on the way to a new car a few months ago 

Thank you for the information!

I currently have 138k of revolving TLs and < 1% utl. ( 7 CCs with 7 issurers) and an income of 135k+. I have 40k of exposure for NFCU ( 25k CC and 15k LOC) and zero balances on both. As previously stated my current EQ FICO is 784.

Any thoughts or experience with NFCU based on that information in terms of when I apply for another card?

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-16-2009 01:38 PM
Message 8 of 10
jackg
Established Contributor

plasticman,

One other thing the rep told me today was that if you app for this card they do consider the CL of your current CC's, not navCHEK loc. I think he was trying to tell me  that if you app and they approve for $25K they will subtract the CL of your current CC to establish the CL of your new CC.

For example, my nRewards card has a $13K CL, if they approved me for $25K today the new card would be for $12K CL or you can add the $12K to your current CC. My nRewards CC has a 8.9% rate so maybe I'm better off asking for a CLI

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats weird..

I hve a 30k nrewards card but when I requested cash rewards they gave me a 1k CL... 1k .. lol.. I spend that weekly.. which is why I wanted crash rewards.. I need to call and request a CLI but havent yet... Navchek is 3k which I believe I asked for originally.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.