Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU credit cards

What card would you get and why? If you have one already why did you get the one you picked?

nRewards Visa/nRewards MasterCard ** 8.90% Credit Limit from $1000 to $50,000 goRewards Visa/goRewards MasterCard ** 9.40% Credit limit from $1000 to $50,000
(competitive $18 annual fee) Flagship Rewards Visa ** 9.90% Credit limit from $1000 to $50,000
(competitive $49 annual fee) Visa Platinum/Platinum MasterCard ** 7.90% Credit limit from $1000 to $50,000 cashRewards Visaborder=0 *** Variable Credit limit from $1000 to $50,000 nRewards Securedborder=0 ** 15.9% Credit limit from $500 to $50,000

Thank you for your input!!! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU credit cards

Personally?  I would rank cards in this order:

1. no AF ( Why pay more to use their money than the interest rate if you don't PIF? )

2. fixed rate over variable 

3. CL

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want/need to carry a balance, go with the Platinum Visa or MC

- 7.9% fixed rate (cash 9.9%)

- No fees

- BT & Convenience Check same rate as purchases

If you want reward, I like the cash reward

-  1% up to $10k annually, $1.5% after $10k annually

-  Real Time rewards (accumulate as purchases post)

-  Real time transfers to any account (savings, checking, cc, loans)

-  9.65% variable purchases (11.65% cash)

-  No fees

-  BT & Convenience checks same rate as purchases

NFCU is by far my favorite card overall.  I use it a lot and surpassed the $10k purchases first month.  I now make 1.5% cashreward on all purchases.  They don't charge and cash or BT fees.  Easy to use.  Fast post of payments.  Great CS.  Great CL.  Just love NFCU!

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-02-2009 07:11 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went for the low fixed rate on the platinum visa.  Got $20k and 7.9% fixed.  This is my highest CL now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.