Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit line increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU credit line increase?

i was wondering if anyone requested and got a CLI from Navy Federal CU LATELY?

my accounts with NAVY are approaching 9 months, and due to the current climate for CLI I wanted to get an idea...

BTW, BofA and Juniper declined CLI last month...utl too high...

Navy accounts include

car loan............. 17K

go rewards .........15k cl

Visa.......................7k cl

LOC.....................15k cl

no lates, no col,

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU credit line increase?

Do you need more credit?
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

64K in unsecured credit with NFCU?  Maybe but probably not.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

64k unsecured?

I see 37k unsecured and 17k secured. 

I guess a CLI would depend alot on your income.. Someone told me they dont like to give more than 40% of your household income.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry,

no i do not need more credit right now...however, i have found it is best to get it when you can, instead of when you NEED it. 

i am just thinking ahead of myself. i am in the process of purchasing a small retail business, and thinking about increasing my CL's for back-up. 

thanks for the gut check thoughSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

utl is about 32%
Message 6 of 15
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Be careful about mixing business with personal, it can lead to personal disaster.

Message 7 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

NFCU just gave me a CLI from $15,000 to $18,000. They did a hard pull on EQ.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

64k unsecured?

I see 37k unsecured and 17k secured. 

I guess a CLI would depend alot on your income.. Someone told me they dont like to give more than 40% of your household income.

You're correct.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH asked for one and was declined. He's had his account since May and basically uses it for EVERYTHING. He was using his debit card until I told him he would earn rewards with his nrewards Visa. He has never gone over 50% and will make payments in the $1100-1500 monthly. (His limit is 4k)

The letter stated all the horrible things on his EQ report that will fall off in the next 4 months, but the reason listed on his online account for the denial stated Unsatisfactory credit experience with present account.?!! He has paid on time, never OTL. Maybe he is just using it TOO much? I don't know what more he can do to please them, but I will be glad when his EQ is clean and he can apply for cards with USAA.

He isn't into all this credit stuff like I am, but when I told him what NFCU said, he was pretty upset about it. It was bad enough he paid it off and asked if he could use one of my cards that might appreciate the charges he runs through it and payments he makes. (Good thing I got that second Freedom card Smiley Wink )

Good luck. I don't know if Navy is just tightening up or what right now.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.