Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU denied CLI but not New CC

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

NFCU denied CLI but not New CC

I love NFCU (as we all do) so yesterday I apply for a 1800 credit limit increase on my nRewards, I was declined! So right after I applied for Cash Rewards and recieved a 2k limit with a lower APR...GO figure, NFCU, love 'em but just dont understand 'em sometimes!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU denied CLI but not New CC

@MMart078 wrote:
I love NFCU (as we all do) so yesterday I apply for a 1800 credit limit increase on my nRewards, I was declined! So right after I applied for Cash Rewards and recieved a 2k limit with a lower APR...GO figure, NFCU, love 'em but just dont understand 'em sometimes!

So they denied the increase then you apped for a different card & got it?  That IS weird.  They pull EQ, don't they?  What was your score??  (if ya don't mind sharing Smiley Wink )
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

actually it is not altogether uncommon to be denied a CLI on one product but to qualify for another product from the same issuer.

the qualifications for CLI on one cc may be different than the app requirement on another cc.

granted this type of scenario may be seen more frequently with cap1 and the like.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 5
MMart078
Regular Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@MMart078 wrote:
So they denied the increase then you apped for a different card & got it?  That IS weird.  They pull EQ, don't they?  What was your score??  (if ya don't mind sharing Smiley Wink )

Yes this is what happenedm and my score is 634, and they pulled EQ.

Message 4 of 5
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

Same thing happened to me last year, I requested a CLI on the Rewards, they denied it, but approved me for a Platinum Visa. No huge limit on  the Platinum, and not a really low rate, but the point is they gave me another card instead of increasing the Rewards Visa. Weird.

I now have 2 CC's, and 2 auto loans w/ them. (My car was a refi [owe less than $2k], and my husbands car I'm the co-signer (hubby had no scores/or credit [owe $19k]). I'm a new homeowner and there are plenty of things I can use right now, but with the new mortgage reporting, and the recent 2nd auto loan, not sure if it's appropriate to app w/NFCU right now. Not sure what my scores are doing right now.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.