Did you mean: 

NFCU does rock!

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU does rock!

@ShinyGirl wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
Yeah, thanks to everyone who kept me in their thoughts. This comes as a surprise to me, as I am just some guy on the internet.

Not only did I get a new job, I actually got a raise (5 percent, but that's still a raise)! So it has indeed been a good week for me. I'm starting to worry that I may have overextended myself credit wise.

You can only overextend yourself if you MAX it out and can't pay it. Having it available is just that.

I have to admit that looking at $30K of new credit available, in addition to what I already had, is slightly daunting. However, perspective means knowing I don't have to go out and charge everything. Perspective means only charging that which I can PIF or PIF in a short amount of time. Being prudent means taking care of the credit I have gotten, getting new credit from here ONLY if it will benefit me, truly, in some way or another and not just because I can.

Adopt an attitude similar to that, and you should be okay.

I do have an attitude like that. I opened up about 70k in credit the past 2 months. However, I run all of my cash through my Amex Green so it kind of forces me not to charge anything I can't pay back immediately.

I still want a Discover card...
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that NFCU is very good in CL on CC and would like to apply. Only member of family that was in Navy and Marines (15years) was my grandfather and he has past away couple years ago, can he still be used or to late? Other military members are my father and me which are retired Army.

Thanks for help
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

antsmith101 wrote:
I see that NFCU is very good in CL on CC and would like to apply. Only member of family that was in Navy and Marines (15years) was my grandfather and he has past away couple years ago, can he still be used or to late? Other military members are my father and me which are retired Army.

Thanks for help

Wish I had good news for you. My brother, who served in the Navy, can't even get in. He was told that you have to either be active in the service, or out of the service no more than 18 months. I was hoping to piggy-back on him for membership the way he did with my NASA CC account. Oh, well.
Message 13 of 18
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

That does rock, WTG!!!!

Starting Score:EQ 560t> TU 560EXP 570
Current Score:EQ 674t> TU 697EXP 700
Goal Score:EQ 700> TU 700EXP 700>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were able to get in because my husband is honorably discharged and is considered disabled. The way the rep told us is that as long as he still has ties to the military (in our case through the VA) then you are eligible. Also, I heard that NFCU will be opening its membership to all DOD people this month. But don't quote me, I'm not quite sure.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lyyssa wrote:
We were able to get in because my husband is honorably discharged and is considered disabled. The way the rep told us is that as long as he still has ties to the military (in our case through the VA) then you are eligible. Also, I heard that NFCU will be opening its membership to all DOD people this month. But don't quote me, I'm not quite sure.

Would you happen to know if that would include DOD suppliers and subcontractors?
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I don't know. What I read just mentioned DOD employees.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called in an joined over the phone.  My qualification was due to "prior military service:  current status: veteran"

I was active duty army for 3 years in the infantry.  Kevin said that was all I needed, took my info, gave me my Access number, account number and the ABA routing so that I can wire a deposit.

So, don't look at what their online application says....obviously it has not been updated to reflect what they can do on the phone.

I wish I had known this before I went with PenFed....although PenFed did approve me for $10k Visa Travel Reward.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.