Senior Contributor

NFCU does rock!

I just got off the phone with their status department. After waiting an entire week, they finally approved me for a Platinum MasterCard with a $10,000 CL and a LOC for $10,000 also.

This rules. Since I am getting ready to switch jobs I figured it would be a good time to switch credit unions as well. My current CU showed me no love whatsoever, and wouldn't even approve me for a credit card.

NFCU rules!

To top it off, I just checked my TC and my most recent collection was deleted, as well as a 60 and 90 day lates from student loans. My Direct Service GW letter worked!

Score boost from 650->680 on TU today! Hooray!
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU does rock!

Guess who's having the best week ever (well, day anyway)??  FretlessMayhem!!

Congrats!!!

NFCU is the BEST!
FICO: 8/08 - TU 718; EQ 702; EX 733 (Bonafide 700 club member!)
Next goal: 750s across the board!!
Valued Contributor

What a good day! Congrats Smiley Happy
Established Contributor

Yeah!Yeah! Wonderful Cl with great people nfcu really does rock.....Congrats.Smiley Very Happy
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Senior Contributor

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Even though they took a week instead of 24 hours, a $10,000 LOC and $10,000 rules.

Does anyone know if they will CLI on activation?
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor

Super congrats F.M.! You deserve it! And a new job??? What a great week you are having! Smiley Happy
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
New Contributor

YEAH for YOU!!! You know, I kept you in my thoughts. As I was getting approved for not one, but two cards in 24 hour's time for each...I wondered if you'd been approved and just not posted.

I'm glad you got good news.

On another note, send some more vibes my way: I applied for the LOC, but only for $3000. I want that so that I can move everything over and make NFCU my main credit union. My main banking is with another CU...but I don't think they love me like I used to love them. My blind love ended for them in February. But it was only a love of convenience LOL.

Anyway, I called NFCU to see if they had to do another pull to do the app...and *sigh* they do. Oh well: after all this is taken care of, my files and scores will have time to sit and rest to rebound.
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Senior Contributor

ShinyGirl wrote:
YEAH for YOU!!! You know, I kept you in my thoughts. As I was getting approved for not one, but two cards in 24 hour's time for each...I wondered if you'd been approved and just not posted.

I'm glad you got good news.

On another note, send some more vibes my way: I applied for the LOC, but only for $3000. I want that so that I can move everything over and make NFCU my main credit union. My main banking is with another CU...but I don't think they love me like I used to love them. My blind love ended for them in February. But it was only a love of convenience LOL.

Anyway, I called NFCU to see if they had to do another pull to do the app...and *sigh* they do. Oh well: after all this is taken care of, my files and scores will have time to sit and rest to rebound.

I got 2 inqs also, but I didn't mind as FICO should still consider it 1 inq.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor

Yeah, thanks to everyone who kept me in their thoughts. This comes as a surprise to me, as I am just some guy on the internet.

Not only did I get a new job, I actually got a raise (5 percent, but that's still a raise)! So it has indeed been a good week for me. I'm starting to worry that I may have overextended myself credit wise.
Here we go again...
New Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Yeah, thanks to everyone who kept me in their thoughts. This comes as a surprise to me, as I am just some guy on the internet.

Not only did I get a new job, I actually got a raise (5 percent, but that's still a raise)! So it has indeed been a good week for me. I'm starting to worry that I may have overextended myself credit wise.

You can only overextend yourself if you MAX it out and can't pay it. Having it available is just that.

I have to admit that looking at $30K of new credit available, in addition to what I already had, is slightly daunting. However, perspective means knowing I don't have to go out and charge everything. Perspective means only charging that which I can PIF or PIF in a short amount of time. Being prudent means taking care of the credit I have gotten, getting new credit from here ONLY if it will benefit me, truly, in some way or another and not just because I can.

Adopt an attitude similar to that, and you should be okay.
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.