cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU folks....UPDATE...approved!!!! (:

tag
treski
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU folks, question before I app...

@vonmannstein wrote:

Amazing starting limit!  Congrats!!!

Thank you thank you!  I'm doing the happy dance over here.  My fiance thinks I'm the biggest nerd ever.  I used to get excited about new shoes and nights out.  Now it's credit limits and baddies falling off.  Does this mean I'm old?

Lol!

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 11 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

So did you use hhi?

My fiancés income is about half of mine... Its right around 60ish, including va disability.
Just wondering how you handled the income question. Did you apply online?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 19
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@treski wrote:

@vonmannstein wrote:

Amazing starting limit!  Congrats!!!

Thank you thank you!  I'm doing the happy dance over here.  My fiance thinks I'm the biggest nerd ever.  I used to get excited about new shoes and nights out.  Now it's credit limits and baddies falling off.  Does this mean I'm old?

Lol!

Um.... Yup! Smiley LOL

Just kidding Smiley Wink  It may mean you're more mature though Smiley Happy

Congrats on the great CL!   I will warn you though, they could still ask for docs about income.   Once you're married it would be easier to explain however, and if you're in a community property state, once married it shouldn't be an issue really. Hopefully this will help your goals  of building credit together and of buying a house later.   I wouldn't apply for anything else with them at this point however, no NavCheck, cards or anything, not that you're thinking of it, I just mention it so you know it would probably require docs for sure.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 13 of 19
treski
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I'm done apping now, and I am still pretty guarded about the income question.  I applied online and used his income information (hey, anyone could have mistaken the question to mean HHI).  He is the father of my children, so I just went ahead and took the liberty.  Not that I recommend doing the same.  Seriously.  But our money is our money.  It's technically dishonest, which isn't my character, but I reasoned that I will be married to the man in a few weeks.  Probably not the best thing to do, and I'll have to fess up if they call about it, but I'm still having a mini-celebratory happy dance. 

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 14 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I feel the same way about hhi. Joeys money and mine go to the same place, which is taking care of us. The house and the only car with a note on it is in my name though eventually I'd like him to be able to share the debt load, whatever form that takes in the future.
FICO 9:

Message 15 of 19
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

It's a good day for the MyFico NFCU family. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I'm doing the happy dance right now too!  My girl said I'm the hottest NERD she know's!!  I think we win!!

Message 17 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey I'm doing the happy dance right now too!  My girl said I'm the hottest NERD she know's!!  I think we win!!

Joey thinks i'm the nerd... err scratch that, he calls me the financial guru, and sometimes "the boss" 

FICO 9:

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like a BOSS haha makes me think of that Lonly Island video that SNL group.  My girl just calles me Big Daddy!  I still say we win!!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.